Digital Architecture Senior Wireless Consulting Engineer
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Digital Architecture Senior Wireless Consulting Engineer (SWE) will lead projects and assist in development and mentorship of mid and junior level engineers. SWE’s have primarily responsibility for post-sale project technical leadership, execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements. SWE’s may also assist in developing pre-sale solution proposals from time to time.
This position reports to the Manager of Digital Architecture
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Leads and participates in team, company, and industry/vendor events
- Provides network design and implementation
- Performs a methodical approach to navigating and troubleshooting new and existing network or data center environments
- Experience collecting, performing site surveys (predictive/passive), and analyzing data from Ekahau Site Survey tool to design, deploy and troubleshoot wireless networks
- Performs network assessments and consultations, technical document/editing
- Designs network solutions with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product
- Provides written documentation for Scope-of-Work (SoW), Professional. Services Estimates (PSEs) and closure documentation related to engineering or consultative engagements
- Presents and communicate solutions to customers
- Develops and present solutions to account managers
- Provides frequent updates to Project Managers on project status.
- Develops designs for small, medium, and enterprise grade networks.
- Possesses knowledge and stays current with specialized industries (and/or) regulations including Government, Education, Healthcare, Financial, etc.
- Maintains knowledge and provides guidance of routing protocols — BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, IS-IS, LISP. Strong in Layer 3
- Maintains knowledge and provides guidance of switching, including spanning-tree, VSS, VPC, Fabric Path. Strong in Layer 2
- Stays current with knowledge and understanding of Cisco product line as it relates to Route Switch and Wireless including but not limited to Cisco ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco Wireless, Cisco ASA, and Cisco Meraki
- Maintains knowledge of Layer 1 standards and best practices — power and cabling standards (RJ45 and Fiber)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related major and/or 5-8 years’ experience in related technology:
- Strong understanding of Cisco Routing-Switching and Wireless products, and validated designs
- Current CCNA Wireless
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Previous experience working with a Cisco Partner or VAR
- CCNP Certification or CCNP Wireless
- Effectively deliver complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- Mentor and guide Associate Consulting Engineers (ACE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities, growing new account/clients from the ground up
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships with fellow team members, customers, and vendors)
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must have experience in leading Cisco network deployment
- Present and communicate solutions to non-technical customers
- Engages with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations
- Engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failures
- Work with limited to no technical supervision
- Prioritize tasks
- Multi-task as necessary
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Proactive approach and excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Occasional overtime/weekend work may be required
- Work with Cisco TAC Engineers
- Assist the Aspire NOC when tickets need to be escalated
- Acquire additional certifications as required by Aspire
Our client base is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.