Senior Account Manager, Public Sector
Location: Remote (PA)
If you like to build and grow, apply for immediate consideration. Be part of a team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions – empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of the transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization, and the Internet of Things (IoT) – all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools – and your skills – hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for initiating and nurturing C-level client relationships from a list of named accounts within an assigned territory. The SAM will create business development opportunities (hunter), packaging and selling technology solutions to Public Sector clients within state and local government agencies, K-12, and Higher Education.
The SAM will work to develop a thorough understanding of the Aspire brand, a deep knowledge of Aspire’s services, and the benefits of an Aspire solution.
The SAM is expected to present Aspire’s value proposition and key differentiators, and to position Aspire favorably with client decision makers, packaging and presenting customized Managed and Professional Services and other technology-based solutions from Aspire’s portfolio of offerings, to strategically address and resolve client business drivers, and satisfy long-term client business goals and objectives.
The SAM will possess a working knowledge of Cisco technologies and the ecosystem that connects to Cisco solutions.
The SAM will seamlessly engage and produce collaborative turnkey client solutions with our key industry partners, including Cisco, Fortinet, Crowdstrike, Palo Alto Networks, Pure Storage, Zscaler, Spirion, Veeam, HPE, Dell, AWS, Google, Microsoft, Juniper Networks, Avaya, VMware, and several others.
The SAM will focus on developing new business with existing and new logo clients by engaging with our Sales Leadership, Business Development, Engineering, Sales Operations, Contracts, and other internal organizations to create cohesive responses, and innovative solutions to formal Bids, RFQs, RFIs, RFPs, etc.
This is a remote, home office position. The SAM is required to reside in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The SAM may be required from time-to-time to attend meetings at Aspire’s Corporate office in Eatontown, NJ, or, at Aspire’s regional office in Mount Laurel, NJ, and should be prepared and able to do so, as requested.
- This is a field sales position, and the SAM is required to possess a valid driver’s license.
- Expected to spend 50 percent or more of their time outside of an office, interfacing and building relationships with existing and potential Aspire customers, identifying new opportunities, networking, and following up on potential leads.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with limited direction and oversight.
- Will report to the Regional Sales Director of Public Sector.
- Required to be knowledgeable of and experienced in utilizing various cooperative purchasing vehicles and procurement processes to sell to state and local government agencies in Pennsylvania.
- Well-versed in understanding government grants, funding, and budget allocations.
- Possess a working knowledge of the eRate process for K-12 clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Experience Selling Complex IT Solutions to Large Public Sector Clients.
- Identify new prospects that possess a need for Aspire services.
- Build “trusted advisor” relationships with key accounts.
- Build, maintain, and grow profitable long-term relationships with targeted clients.
- Negotiate and close contracts to maximize Aspire’s long-term growth and profitability.
- Utilize existing client relationships to upsell within the account and develop new relationships.
- Introduce and sell managed network/security services into existing accounts and prospects.
- Establish and maintain trusted relationships with key vendors and ecosystem partners.
- Align prospects and clients with the corresponding Vendor (ex: Cisco) Account Teams.
- Strategize with vendor/partner account teams to earn first right of refusal and deal registration.
- Be the “owner” and primary point of contact for all matters that may impact client business.
- Ruthlessly pursue client satisfaction and be proactive to avoid high-risk situations.
- Work with Operations to build quotes and verify accuracy prior to sending to the client.
- Work with distribution to find any OEM promotions that can improve deal profitability.
- Work with Aspire Solution Architects to develop solutions that satisfy client business needs.
- Be able to negotiate Statement of Business with client without assistance of Solutions Architect.
- Establish trust by being able to concisely communicate the client’s expectations to all parties.
- Team with Aspire’s Professional Services to verify accuracy and relevance of client proposals.
- Utilize NetSuite CRM to report accurate sales forecasting and pipeline metrics to management.
- Embrace the Aspire culture by supporting your colleagues and engaging as one cohesive team.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Ten years or more track record of successful sales experience selling complex technical solutions to public sector or large enterprise accounts.
- Knowledge of Cisco portfolio and strong working relationships with Cisco.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Experience in the partner community
- Cisco sales certification preferred.
The Senior Account Manager is expected to meet with clients and partners in-person throughout the assigned territory, maintaining an average of three to five in-person meetings per week.
When not in the office, the SAM is expected to work within a virtual office scenario, maintaining the utmost awareness and attention to the security of the information being processed within his or her physical environment.
The Senior Account Manager is expected to attend meetings and events that take place outside of standard business hours. A typical week will have one or two dinner meetings or activities that take place in the evening.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a team player.
- Must be a competitive, high achiever, who is persistent, maintains a positive attitude, overcomes obstacles, embraces healthy competition, and pushes through setbacks.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and deliver outstanding professional results.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion and presentation capabilities.
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in his or her responsibilities.
- Willingness to learn and receive constructive criticism.
Aspire strives to provide full time employees with a competitive and meaningful benefits package that includes:
- 401k with company match, eligible after 30 days employment.
- Medical with prescription drug coverage, dental and vision care; effective first day of the following month.
- Company paid Long Term Disability (LTD) Company paid Life & AD&D Federal Spending Account.
- Generous paid time off and holidays.
Aspire Technology Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.