Digital Architecture Wireless Consulting Engineer
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Digital Architecture Wireless Consulting Engineer (WCE) works as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the team lead. Assisting and working with senior level engineers, this individual will help with staging and prepping hardware for projects, as well as implementation. The range of technologies exposed in this position varies from security to route/switch, and wireless. WCE’s have primarily responsibility for post-sale project execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements.
This position reports to the Manager of Digital Architecture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Deploy | Test: Layer-3: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, IS-IS, LISP.
- Deploy | Test: Layer-2: Switching, including spanning-tree, VSS, VPC, Fabric Path
- Deploy | Test: Cisco ISE for secure network access
- Deploy | Test: Access, Distribution, and Core Architectures
- Current Product Experience with: Cisco ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus Switches
- Design, implement and support WLANs by performing and documenting wireless site surveys
- Experience collecting and analyzing data from Ekahau Site Survey tool to design, deploy and troubleshoot wireless networks
- Engages with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failures
- Assist with staging network devices
- Label devices for deployment
- Assist in keeping staging area clean
- Join Webex meetings to understand future work
- Contribute to team success
- Work closely with Mentor/Project Manager to satisfy client needs
- Learn and understand best practice templates of Aspire
- Create inventory sheet by scanning in device
- Provide written documentation for Scope-of-Work (SoW), Professional Services Estimates (PSEs) and closure documentation related to engineering or consultative engagements
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related major and/or
- 2-4 years experience in related technology:
- Routing-Switching and/or
- Solid understanding of Cisco Routing-Switching and Wireless products, and validated designs
- Current CCNA
Preferred Education and Experience:
- CWNA or CCNA Wireless
- Working towards CCNP Certification or CCNP Wireless
- Effectively deliver low complexity projects with minimal to no supervision
- Mentor and guide Associate Consulting Engineers (ACE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships with fellow team members, customers, and vendors)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Must have experience in leading Cisco network deployment
- Present and communicate solutions to non-technical customers
- Engage with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations
- Engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failures
- Work with limited to no technical supervision
- Prioritize tasks
- Multi-task as necessary
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Proactive approach and excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Occasional extended hours/weekend work may be required
- Work with Cisco TAC Engineers
- Assist the Aspire NOC when tickets need to be escalated
- Acquire additional certifications as required by Aspire
- An eagerness to learn and develop their skillsets in various technologies
- Thrive in a team environment
- Learn quickly
- An understanding of the security and user access design of NetSuite
- Highly Preferred: One or more active product certifications on NetSuite
Our client based is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.