If you like to build and grow… Be part of the Aspire team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions—empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization and the Internet of Things (IoT) — all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools—and your skills– hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Subscription Accountant is primarily responsible for recording subscription transactions, verifying subscription revenue is properly invoiced, accrued, or deferred, as appropriate and verifying COGS is recorded accurately and timely. This includes the analysis and reporting of Subscription financial performance.
Development and maintenance of methods to track MRR (Monthly Recurring Revenue) in order to provide accurate, consistent, and comparable information to business leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Performs accounting tasks related to Software licenses and subscriptions for Aspire Technology Partners
- Understands accrual accounting to align revenue earned with the expenses incurred to generate that income
- Analyzes accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Works with the Controller on appropriate strategies for the organization.
- Reconciles subscription Revenue and Cost of Goods Sold Accounts to ensure accuracy.
- In conjunction with finance team, develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Investigates subscription billing discrepancies
- Validates customer invoicing.
- Communicates errors to Vendors and tracks/ follows up on required vendor credits
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with others and function as a collaborative team.
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with GAAP
- Generates a variety of financial reports for leadership as requested
- Assists in month end financial reporting
- Responds to special requests for financial information as required
- Creates and maintains physical and electronic files in an orderly and sensible fashion.
- Ensures that all pending matters are referred to appropriate management levels and perform follow-up as needed.
- Maintains total confidentiality in all matters of correspondence, telephone messages, and personal conversations Ensures that all pending matters are referred to appropriate management levels and perform follow-up as needed.
- Participates in team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with all Standard operating procedures (SOP). Work performance continuously meets or exceeds high quality and accuracy standards.
- Complete compliance training by due date
- Perform general administrative duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word required, experience with ERP/Accounting systems.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Behaves ethically in all situations and reports or challenges unethical behavior of others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in priorities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Computer skills: QuickBooks, strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, If-Statements) and other MS Office applications
- Exercise well-reasoned judgement in all decisions
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work
TRAVEL: Minimal Travel Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.