Senior Security Consulting Engineer
Location: Eatontown, NJ; Tri-State area
This position is for a candidate in the Tri-State area.
The Senior Security Consulting Engineer (SSCE) will engage in small to large projects including design, implementation and troubleshooting, of advanced Cisco-based networks including: Next Generation Firewalls, Cloud-based Security solutions, as well as Identity Services technology. SSCE’s are primarily responsibility for post-sale project technical leadership, execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements. SSCE’s may also assist in developing pre-sale solution proposals from time to time. As well as being a team member on complex engagements involving multiple (cross-architecture) technologies.
- Communicate and cooperate with project management and technical peers to effectively plan, execute, and complete project engagements
- Assess Digital Architectures project presales proposals, Statements of Work, Bills of Material, and other project definition source materials to validate project execution and technical feasibility.
- Establishing technical plans, tasks, work breakdown structures, dependencies, contingency plans, and impact assessments
- Participate in the exchange of information between clients, third party sub-contractors, Aspire Technology Partners project management and technical peers.
- Gather, consolidate, prepare, document, and distribute standardized project technical information in various formats, including but not limited to: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Actively coordinate and mentor the activities of Aspire Security Engineers (SEs) and Associate Security Engineers (ASEs) in concert with project management peers and in accordance with project goals.
- Design and develop technical approaches to project deliverables in accordance with Cisco/Aspire-published best practices
- Perform and document inventory of equipment and project related assets, including hardware and related components, software and licensing
- In-depth understanding of Cisco licensing and use of Smart Accounts
- Assemble hardware components and install devices into final mounted and operable positions, including physical connectivity for power, network link, and human interface
- Provide technical diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Engage and coordinate the assistance of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to effectively and expeditiously resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and deliver training and related documentation and materials to peers and clients on any of the above-mentioned technical proficiencies.
- Perform network and security assessments and consultations Design | Deploy | Test: Enterprise IP networks inclusive of:
- Performs network assessments and consultations.
- Designs enterprise-class network solutions with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product
- Deploy | Test: Security Services using ASA, FIREPPOWER, Meraki MX, Umbrella, AMP for Endpoints, Stealthwatch Cloud, Cisco Email Security and Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Cisco SDN technologies and DNA architecture
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn network security products such as checkpoint firewall, Palo Alto Firewall and Fortinet Firewall.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Information Technology related field of study or 7+ years of equivalent professional experience required:
- 5+ years of experience with:
- Firewall Security
- 2-3 Years’ experience delivering the following technologies in a deployment leadership role:
- ASA, FIREPOWER, Meraki MX, Umbrella, AMP for Endpoints, Cisco Email Security (CES), Stealthwatch Cloud, Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Professional Level Certifications – CCNP
Preferred Education and Experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in Routing and Switching and Security
- Expert Level Certification – CCIE
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent documentation skills and provide examples of such work
- Excellent presentation, organization and planning skills
- In-depth understanding of Cisco Routing-Switching, and Security products, and validated designs.
- Willingness to learn new security technologies
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Assisting the Aspire Managed Services when tickets need to be escalated
- Be able to work independently to achieve goals
- Be process and detail oriented
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills and be customer oriented
- Have access to reliable transportation, and be willing to travel within NJ/NYC/PA.
TRAVEL: Up to 50 % travel post pandemic
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.