Senior Project Manager (Buffalo, NY)
Location: Buffalo, NY
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), which is the centralized point of customer engagement, resource management, deliverable assurance, and project/program reporting. In general, the SPM will manage multiple complex IT projects based on the Project Management Institute Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMI PMBOK) framework and established internal workflows, tools, and templates. The SPM takes the handoff from Sales and facilitate the implementations through to project closure.
The SPM will lead multiple projects and initiatives and must have hands on experience in the areas of:
- Cisco Routing, Switching and Security
- Cisco Wireless
- Storage and Storage Area Networking
- Cloud-Deployed/Cloud-Delivered Software
- Data Center technologies
- Server Virtualization
- Cisco Unified Communications
This position reports to the PMO Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for high complexity projects and/or as the delivery focal for customer programs comprised of several simultaneous projects.
- Develops custom project plans in consultation with internal and client engineering teams, and manages all project-related communication, task tracking, resource management (inclusive of staff & product), while also responsible for project time & expense approvals, on-time completion, and customer satisfaction.
- Manages projects through standardized PMI-PMBOK Phases while ensuring all related project artifacts & deliverables meet milestone acceptance criteria.
- Creates project plans, status reports and manages issues, risks, and actions to completion.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects through effective change management skills.
- Manages Project budget and billing within appropriate time submittal and approval processes.
- Coordinates Resource Utilization with Delivery Teams.
- Partners across cross functional teams to deliver the best possible solution for a client.
- Manages internal and customer-facing communications related to assigned projects.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Supports internal project and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; or 10 years equivalent professional experience required
- 8-to-10-year hands-on experience leading the implementation of complex enterprise-wide project
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed
- Strong leadership skills
- Experience with portfolio and project management tools
- Agile, PMP, ITIL Certifications, at least one required
- Strong in MS Office, Project, SharePoint, Visio
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Strong IT Infrastructure deployment experience in large scale project management, preferably in a health care setting.
- PMP Certification strongly preferred
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in ability to communicate on all levels of internal and customer organizations on technical and business-related aspects of assigned projects.
- Able to prioritize multiple tracks of work while determining critical path.
- Ability to build and sustain excellent working relationship and mentor junior project team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on client service
TRAVEL: 75%. Our client base is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.