Senior Collaboration Solutions Architect-Boston
Location: Boston, MA
The Sr Collaboration Solutions Architect is responsible for educating Clients and translating Client requirements into clearly defined and defendable collaboration architectures and service delivery strategies, to be used by the Aspire Delivery Teams to address Client outcomes. This role also requires a delivery component for design, install and support of advanced Cisco-based voice and collaboration networks. CSA’s have identified responsibility for post-sale project technical leadership, execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Engagement Management – Provide presales engineering support, manage engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from client.
- Thought Leadership – Provide clients and Aspire with relevant industry direction and develop sellable solutions aimed at growing the practice.
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients. Influence expected product and services revenue and gross profit through the management of Client and Aspire Sales Team expectations.
- Manage executive and senior executive-level Client stakeholder relationships and assist the Sales Teams in educating and positioning Aspire technology solutions and services to clients.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Senior Leadership to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Research and prepare collaboration project Presales Proposals, Statements of Work, Bills of Material, and other project definition source materials.
- Prepare model RFPs and response to strategic requested customer RFPs.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by working closely with Customers and Account Managers, making recommendations, delivering and supporting client requests.
- Interact directly with the post-sales team to ensure alignment between pre- and post-sales activities and ensure quality client outcomes.
- Handle post-sales escalation and resolve the same by co-coordinating and working with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate and cooperate with project management and technical peers to effectively plan, execute, and complete project engagements
- Assess collaboration project presales proposals, Statements of Work, Bills of Material, and other project definition source materials to validate project execution and technical feasibility.
- Establishing technical plans, tasks, work breakdown structures, dependencies, contingency plans, and impact assessments
- Coordinate the exchange of information between clients, third party sub-contractors, and Aspire Technology Partners project management and technical peers.
- Gather, consolidate, prepare, document and distribute standardized project technical information in various formats, including but not limited to: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- Actively coordinate and mentor the activities of ATP Collaboration Engineers (CEs) and Associate Collaboration Engineers (ACEs) in concert with project management peers and in accordance with project goals.
- Design and develop technical approaches to project deliverables in accordance with Cisco-published best practices
- Perform and document inventory of equipment and project related assets, including hardware and related components, and licensing
- Assemble hardware components and install devices into final mounted and operable positions, including physical connectivity for power, network link, and human interface
- Install and configure the following Cisco collaboration and related hardware, software products, and technologies with proficiency:
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers (Cisco Business Edition 6000, 7000)
- VMware Esxi Hypervisor
- Cisco Expressway
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco ISR Gateways
- SIP Trunking
- Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony
- Cisco Jabber
- Cisco Jabber Guest
- Cisco Mobile & Remote Access
- Cisco IP Phones (all models and variants)
- Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
- Cisco Instant Message & Presence Server (IM&P)
- Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX), including scripting for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) and Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)
- Cisco Attendant Console
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco Paging Server (InformaCast)
- Cisco Webex Teams
- Cisco Telepresence Management Suite
- Cisco Telepresence Server
- Cisco Meeting Server
- Cisco Webex Collaboration Meeting Room (CMR)
- Webex Calling
- Webex Contact Center
- Assist in the integration and/or migration of 3rd-party Private Branch Exchange (PBX) services
- Provide technical diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Engage and coordinate the assistance of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to effectively and expeditiously resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and deliver training and related documentation and materials to peers and clients on any of the above-mentioned technical proficiencies.
- Assist ATP sales in generating new business through presales engagements with potential clients, including the preparation and delivery of presentations, proposals, bills of material, and labor estimations, as needed
- Design | Deploy | Test: Cisco Voice, Video & Presence systems.
- Engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failures
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Information Technology related field of study or 8+ years of equivalent professional experience required
- 10+ years of experience focused in technology–based consulting or equivalent industry experience
- Background in pre-sales engineering of Unified Communication, Collaboration or Customer Care technologies
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Experience with mentoring people and leadership skills a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. helping to grow new account/clients from the ground up
- Business operations experience (service development, project costing)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
TRAVEL: Less than 50%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.