The Senior Accountant is responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including financial analysis, corporate and sales tax, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Responsibilities include balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses, preparation of financial statements, reconciling sub ledgers to general ledger account balances, maintaining, and reconciling fixed assets schedules, assessing internal control, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas, review commissions. The Senior Accountant supervises staff accountant including reviewing work and ensuring deadlines are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including, but not limited to, income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and reports for the board, reports for government regulatory agencies, and bank required reporting.
- Review reports analyzing sales projections and profit against actual figures, budgeted expenses against final totals, and suggest methods of improving the planning processes as appropriate.
- Manages/oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems
- Oversees, analyzes, and uploads financial data and presents financial results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Clearly communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results
- Strives to provide value added solutions from Finance team to internal customers.
- Responds to inquiries from the Controller, Senior leadership and other managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and projects.
- Supports Eatontown Management team with financial information
- Manages completion of general ledger entries for the month end close
- Develops, drives, and distributes financial reporting for to appropriate stakeholders in timely fashion.
- Commission calculations
- Year-End, Tax & Audit
- Coordinate with public accounting firm to confirm accuracy of data on tax returns.
- Coordinate with public accounting firm to assist with preparation of Financial Statements.
- Instrumental on getting Audit documents, policy and procedures and internal controls up to date
- General Finance and Accounting
- Provides reports to other groups as required
- Assists in documenting and maintaining a system of internal control and safeguards for financial activities
- Assist Controller with bank examinations and outside audits.
- Reviews customer credit reports and summarize data for submission to Controller.
- Responds to special requests for financial information as required
- New Accounting Package
- Assist on conversion from QuickBooks to NetSuite
- Quarterly and yearly payroll reconciliations
- Sales Tax
- Review monthly sales tax reconciliation
- Ensure use tax is assessed by AP staff
- Monitor economic nexus threshold
- State Registration
- Annual Filings up to date
- Correspond with CSC regarding new state filings– review Dashboard
- Contract Reporting
- Review monthly and quarterly contract reporting
- Provides direction, leadership and coaching to staff to meet schedules, resolve technical or operational problems/questions.
- Demonstrates and encourages team-oriented behavior in dealing with others and handles conflict constructively.
- Behaves ethically in all situations and reports or challenges unethical behavior of others.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Provide timely guidance and follow up to questions and concerns.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Minimum 2 years prior supervisory experience
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Outlook, Excel (V-Lookup & Pivot Tables) and Word required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and NetSuite a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities
- Skillful in formulating strategies, tactics, and action plans to achieve results
- Maintain total confidentiality in all matters of correspondence, telephone messages, and personal conversations
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with all Standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Exercise well-reasoned judgement in all decisions
- Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work
Minimal travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.