Sales Operations Specialist
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Sales Operations Specialist position is a part of Aspire Technology Partners customer-focused Sales Operations. The Sales Operations Specialist works with various web-based tools to obtain competitive quotes, book orders, and resolve customer-related issues. The individual is responsible for maintaining a high level of professional communications with all levels of management relating to Sales Operations and Customer Service.
- Create / Acquire Technical Configurations: Work with Aspire and/or Partner Engineering teams to acquire BOMs (Bill of Materials) or create configurations in partner tools as required. (20%)
- Price Deviations / Deal Registrations: Request new partner deviations via Vendor online tools and ensure approvals. Cross-check partner deviation quotes (aka DARTs, SPRs, etc.) versus Aspire quotes and update Aspire costs and customer pricing. Ensure Deal Registrations are renewed as required. (15%)
- Quoting: Create quotes in response to customer requests and ensure correct pricing and part numbers/configurations. Assist Aspire Account Manager (AM) in answering any related quote questions and prepare revisions as needed. (25%)
- NetSuite Opportunity Management: Ensure all Opportunities are saved in NetSuite and reflect accurate information and the Total Revenue and GP (Gross Profit) is correct. Reconcile QuoteWerks (QW) & NetSuite on a monthly basis. (10%)
- Request for Proposal (RFP): Assist RFP specialist with any preparation of RFP response and prepare quote to be included in the response. (5%)
- Order Processing: Cross-check all pricing, acquire Aspire Professional Services (PS) documentation (if applicable), and process orders via vendors/distribution. Once the Aspire Purchase Order (PO)is sent to the vendor, create a PS Project or Agreement in ConnectWise (if applicable) and notify the PS team. Add the order information to the Post Sales Status sheet on the shared server. Assemble and scan sales packet. Give a hard copy to Finance and add .pdf to Client directory on shared server. (20%)
- Reception Support: Alternate for visitor access and deliveries. (5%)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in technical/sales environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word or similar tools
Preferred Education and Experience :
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge of NetSuite, and quoting tools
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of networking technology, servers, storage, Cisco products a plus, but not a requirement
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy a must
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.