Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Project Manager (PM) is a member of the Project Management Office which is a centralized point of customer engagement management, resource management, deliverable assurance, and project & portfolio reporting. PMs will develop custom project plans in consultation with internal and client engineering teams, and manage all project-related communication, task tracking, resource management (inclusive of staff & product), while also responsible for project time & expense approvals, on-time completion, and customer satisfaction. In general, SPMs will manage complex IT infrastructure deployment & refresh projects based on Validated Solution Design best practices, and the PMI PMBOK framework in any and/or all of the following areas:
- Cisco Core Routing and Switching, Security
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco Wireless
- Server Virtualization
- Storage and Storage Area Networking
- Data Center technologies
This position reports to the PMO Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for customer deployment projects.
- Manages projects through standardized PMI-PMBOK Phases while ensuring all related project artifacts & deliverables meet milestone acceptance criteria.
- Creates project plans, status reports and manages issues, risks, and actions to completion.
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects through effective change management skills.
- Manages Project budget and billing within appropriate time submittal and approval processes.
- Coordinates Resource Utilization with Delivery Teams.
- Partners across cross functional teams to deliver the best possible solution for a client.
- Manages internal and customer-facing communications related to assigned projects.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills demonstrated in ability to communicate on all levels of internal and customer organizations on technical and business related aspects of assigned projects.
- Able to prioritize multiple tracks of work while determining critical path.
- Ability to build and sustain excellent working relationship, and mentor junior project team members.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4 to 8-year hands-on experience managing projects of various size and complexities
- Formal training in project management (preferably from a designated PMI Registered Education Provider)
- PMP® Certification or ITIL Certification
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Strong IT Infrastructure deployment experience in a Professional Services organization of either a Manufacturer, or Value-Added Reseller
Some Regional Travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.