If you like to build and grow… Be part of the Aspire team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions—empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization and the Internet of Things (IoT) — all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools—and your skills– hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Project Coordinator (PC) is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), which is a centralized point of customer engagement management, resource management, deliverable assurance, and project & portfolio reporting. The PC will be responsible for maintaining a centralized resource skills and availability matrix, generate a weekly PMO report package as well as other ad-hoc reports, supporting project managers, and will oversee Sub-Contractor deliverables within Aspire’s scope and timeline obligations to customers. From time to time, the PC may also assume various internal process & tool improvement projects.
This position reports to the Director of Service Delivery
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Coordinates project-related activities throughout the project management life cycle in support of the project managers; these responsibilities include but are not limited to administrative activities, project initiating activities, resources allocation, equipment/license tracking and information gathering, etc.
- Ensures that all field staff have submitted full (40 hours) timecards on a weekly basis, follow-up with staff as required.
- Participates in project closure meetings to ensure all closure steps are completed in a timely fashion; these steps include but are not limited to forwarding closure documents to customers and following up with customers in terms of formally closing a project, forwarding customer satisfaction survey links to respective project managers for distribution, ensuring billing gates closure, closing and archiving projects and artifacts.
- Coordinates the planning and reporting efforts of subcontractors on a weekly basis and communicates updates and status to respective project managers.
- Performs project management responsibilities on small customer projects; assumes responsibilities to initiate the project, plan for the project following a “punch-list” approach, gathers progress and communicates status on a weekly basis.
- Supports internal project and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Generates standard and ad-hoc PMO reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or in Senior year) in either IT or Business required
- Experience and/or education background/training in technology
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with ability to influence
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Some technology infrastructure experience is a plus
- Some formal project management experience is a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated in the ability to communicate on all levels
- Able to prioritize multiple tracks of work while determining critical path.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate learning to on-the-job applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on client service
- A comfort level with presentation tools and techniques
Up to 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.