Presales Solutions Engineer
Location: Albany, NY
The Presales Solutions Engineer role is responsible for working with Clients and translating Client requirements into clearly defined and supportable Cisco architectures; provide best practice technical approaches and service delivery strategies that are to be used by the Aspire Delivery Teams to ensure successful Client outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Engagement Management – Provide presales technical engineering support, manage engagement risk mitigation and project economics including planning and budgeting, define deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from client.
- Customer Experience– Partner with the Aspire Managed Services and CX Teams to quote and develop sellable solutions aimed at growing the practice(s).
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions and services to both new and existing clients. Influence technical solution direction and help grow services revenue and gross profit through the management of Client and Aspire Sales Team expectations.
- Assist Sales Teams in educating and positioning Aspire technology solutions and services to clients.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Sr. Leadership to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build reference solution offerings.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Research and prepare Project Presales Proposals, RFP, Statements of Work, Bill of Materials, and other project definition source materials.
- Prepare model RFP’s and provide leadership and guidance in technical responses to strategic customer RFP’s.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by working closely with Customers and Account Managers, making recommendations, delivering and supporting client requests.
- Partner with the Sales Operations teams to create and certify accurate quotes and bills of material
- Interact directly with the post-sales team to ensure alignment between pre and post-sales activities and ensure desirable client outcomes, including accurate statements of work.
- Continually stay relevant and educated on current and road-mapped products, features, and industry trends.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years of experience focused in technology–based consulting or equivalent industry experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Background in delivery engineering of Cisco Architectures
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Background in Presales Engineering of Collaboration, Security, Cloud, Wireless, IOT, Enterprise Networks and / or Data Center technologies
- Experience with mentoring people and leadership skills a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Active listening skills
- Ability to apply solutions, products and technology to a business opportunity
- Business operations experience (service development, project costing)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-manage multiple priorities
TRAVEL: Less than 20%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.