Presales Solutions Architect
Location: Albany, NY or Eatontown, NJ
The Presales Solutions Architect, as a member of the presales engineering team, is responsible for engaging clients and translating client requirements into clearly defined and defendable end to end architecture with service delivery strategies, to be used by the Aspire Delivery Teams to address client outcomes across hyperscale clouds, client owned infrastructure and edge devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Engagement Management – Meet with clients and collect client requirements. Provide presales engineering support, manage engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from client.
- Work with Sales Team to develop client relationships and solutions that meet the required business outcomes.
- Create and deliver compelling customer-facing presentations.
- Design solutions and create the Bill of Materials (Including hardware, IaaS, software and SaaS) and configurations for the solutions.
- Design architecture that creates managed services opportunities and automation optimization opportunities.
- Demonstrate Partner products and Aspire service offering features and capabilities.
- Write Statement of Works and build Professional Services Estimators.
- Keep apprised of Aspire and Partner product offering promotions, quoting and licensing changes
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients. Influence expected product and services revenue and gross profit through the management of Client and Aspire Sales Team expectations.
- Interact with the post-sales and project management teams to ensure alignment between presales and post-sales activities and ensure quality client outcomes.
- Manage executive and senior executive-level Client stakeholder relationships and assist the Sales Teams in understanding and positioning Aspire Technology Solutions and services to clients.
- Continually stay relevant and educated on cloud, current and road-mapped products, features, APIs, management tools and industry trends.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7 to 10 years of experience focused in technology–based consulting or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum one hyperscale cloud certification (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Background in presales engineering of complex IT infrastructures or client side IT transformation programs.
- 7+ years of experience working with technology from Cisco, NetApp, Pure, Dell and other infrastructure products, such as LAN Switching, Datacenter Switching, Routers, Wireless and Network design principles, storage technologies, virtualization and server technologies, IT management tools
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Additional certifications, i.e. Cisco, NetApp, Dell/EMC, VMware, etc.
- Experience working as a consultant and with Cisco and storage partners
- Experience with data backup and business continuance and disaster recovery solutions is desirable
- Experience with mentoring people and leadership skills a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. helping to grow new account/clients from the ground up
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to apply solutions, products and technology to a business opportunity
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-manage multiple priorities
TRAVEL: 25-50% Regional Travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate