NOC Engineer Security Administrator-Eatontown
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The NSOC Engineer contributes to a 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group with a focus on security administration. The NSOC Engineer is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities on managed service client’s Security infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Respond to client requests within SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and strictly follow the incident process flow
- Provide remote administration and support for security Infrastructure products including:
- Firewalls and VPN (Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances (ASA), Firepower Threat Defense (FTD), and Palo Alto)
- IDS/IPS (Cisco Firepower)
- AAA (Authentication Authorization and Accounting) (Cisco ACS and ISE (Identity Services Engine)
- NAC (Network Admission Control) (Cisco ISE)
- Endpoint Protection (Cisco AMP (Advanced Malware Protection), Windows Defender)
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within managed service client environment with:
- Internet Connectivity related issues with Firewalls, VPN and IPS (Intrusion Prevention System)
- Wireless, wired and VPN connectivity issues related to NAC (ISE)
- Guest access issues related to NAC (ISE)
- Perform Moves, Adds, Changes, Deletes on managed service clients Security Infrastructure (Firewalls, VPN, IPS, AAA and NAC)
- Pull logs and statistics from Real Time Monitoring Tools
- Keep up with latest security trends and vulnerabilities
- Provide technical expertise relating to Cisco Security point products (ASA, FTD, Firepower, AMP, and ISE) to the NSOC and project teams
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and services on managed Security devices in client infrastructure
- Open, track and close service tickets
- Answer incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to NSOC procedures and processes
- Help identify and resolve recurring system performance issues
- Provide performance reporting on covered devices
- Work directly with other NSOC Analysts and Engineering resources for issue resolution
- Provide direct communication to affected users and companies on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within ticketing systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Help write standards to deploy and configure client’s equipment
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
- Coordinate and track RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation and troubleshooting
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years of technical experience in IT
- 2+ years of experience with Cisco Security products (ASA, Firepower, AMP, ISE)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1+ years of Cisco Security (ASA, FTD, Firepower, AMP, and ISE) experience
- 1+ years of Palo Alto experience
- 1+ years of experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
- Possession of Industry Certifications (CCNA Security, CCNP Security, ACE, PCNSE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Prior helpdesk experience is a plus
TRAVEL: Less than 25% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Aspire Technology Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.