Location: Eatontown, NJ
The NOC Engineer – IT Security Administration contributes to a 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group with a focus on security administration. Based in our Eatontown, New Jersey headquarters, the NOC Engineer – IT Security Administration is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities on managed service client’s Security infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Responds to client requests within SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and strictly follow the incident process flow
- Provides remote administration and support for security Infrastructure products including:
- Firewalls and VPN (Cisco ASA, Firepower Threat Defense, AMP and Palo Alto)
- IDS/IPS (Cisco Firepower, SNORT)
- AAA (Cisco ACS and ISE)
- NAC (Cisco ISE)
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues within managed service client environment with:
- Internet Connectivity related issues with Firewalls, VPN and IPS
- Wireless and Network connectivity issues related to NAC (ISE)
- Guest access issues related to NAC (ISE)
- Performs Moves, Adds, Changes, Deletes on managed service clients Security Infrastructure (Firewalls, VPN, IPS, AAA and NAC)
- Pulls logs and statistics from Real Time Monitoring Tools
- Keeps current with latest security trends and vulnerabilities
- Provides technical expertise relating to Cisco Security point products (ASA, FTD, Firepower, AMP, and ISE) to the NSOC and project teams
- Performs preventative maintenance checks and services on managed Security devices in client infrastructure
- Opens, tracks and close service tickets
- Answers incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to NSOC procedures and processes
- Helps identify and resolves recurring system performance issues
- Provides performance reporting on covered devices
- Works directly with other NSOC Analysts and Engineering resources for issue resolution
- Provides direct communication to affected users and companies on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintains detailed notes within ticketing systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintains customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Develops and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Obtains/maintains technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manages and maintains monitoring and alerting systems
- Coordinates and tracks RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Assesses and identifies appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation and troubleshooting
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical experience in IT
- Knowledge and understanding of Cisco Security products (ASA, Firepower, AMP, ISE)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 1+ years of Cisco Security (ASA, Firepower, AMP, and ISE) experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of Palo Alto experience
- Prior experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
- Possession of current Industry Certifications (CCNA Security, CCNP Security, ACE, PCNSE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Prior helpdesk experience is a plus
TRAVEL: Less than 25% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.