NOC (Network & Security Operations Center) R/S Engineer
If you like to build and grow… Be part of the Aspire team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions—empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization and the Internet of Things (IoT) — all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools—and your skills– hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The NOC (Network & Security Operations Center) R/S Engineer contributes to a 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group. The NOC R/S Engineer is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities on managed service client’s environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Provide high level support and technical expertise in Cisco switches, routers, and FWs
- Configure and troubleshoot Access Lists, NAT, IP Routing, VLANs, VPN, etc.
- Configure and troubleshoot MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, HSRP, OSPF, and additional cisco protocols
- Work with Cisco Meraki Routers, Switches, and Access Points
- Familiarity with Cisco Network Security Applications and Tools
- Respond and resolve client’s requests within SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Perform daily preventative maintenance checks and services on managed devices in client infrastructure
- Open, track and close service tickets
- Act according to NSOC procedures and processes
- Interface with field personnel to verify repairs and testing systems
- Help identify recurring system performance issues
- Provide performance reporting on managed service devices
- Work directly with other NSOC Analysts and Engineering resources for issue resolution
- Provide direct communication to affected users and companies on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within ticketing systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Proactively review customer environments for configuration and design improvements
- Present technical overview of customers’ network operations as pertaining to routing and switching during QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews)
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
- Coordinate and track RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation and troubleshooting
- Required to provide flexible shift scheduling based on operational needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of technical support experience
- Knowledge and understanding of event/alert management, incident and change management processes
- Knowledge of Cisco networking, routers, and switches.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of technical support experience
- Prior NOC Experience
- Experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
- Possession of Industry Certifications (A+, Network+, Security+, MTA, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP)
- Knowledge of Cisco Firewalls and Wireless devices.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
Less than 25% travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.