Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager is responsible for all technology operations within Aspire Technology Partners’ Managed Services Operations. This includes training, direction and oversight to our Managed Services Team of Engineers and Analysts. The NOC Manager is also responsible for monitoring service delivery and handling any issues or escalations.
The NOC Manager is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of all Aspire’s Managed Services customers. Client relations and strong communication skills are a critical part of this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Provide operational management for our Managed Services Engineers and Analysts of Aspire.
- Assist in establishing the roles and responsibilities of the Managed Services team
- Manage team member workloads and utilization, timesheet and expense approvals.
- Ensure optimal business utilization of team members through efficient service delivery
- Maximize efficiency through design, optimization and implementation of operational processes
- Create and monitor professional development plans for each Managed Services team member
- Create and maintain Managed Services team processes, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation with a goal of standardizing all repeatable tasks within the team for optimal and efficient service delivery.
- Help mentor new recruits to become strong members of our Managed Services Team as quickly and seamlessly as possible, and operationally assist them as the Managed Services business scales.
- Monitor utilization and staffing levels for all team members, and work with Human Resources and Senior Leadership to hire new team members as needed.
- Responsible for team management including recruitment, performance management, training, mentorship and employee relations issues.
- Instill a high-performance culture in the team with a focus on teamwork, service excellence and ownership for resolving customer issues.
- Encourage open communication between team members, allowing the team to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver more effective service.
Customer & Service Delivery Management
- Ensure Service Level Agreement (SLA) achievement for all Managed Services customers
- Work with the Customer Success Manager Team in developing and providing Incident reports for any major customer incidents, handling escalations, preparing and participating in quarterly business reviews and proposal creation when required.
- Provide oversight to ensure recurring/preventative maintenance plans are defined, implemented and executed.
- Provide oversight to ensure business systems availability and performance for Managed Service clients.
- Ensure documentation for all Managed Services clients is updated and maintained.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of the team against SLA/KPI’s, driving through change as needed to deliver continual service improvement.
- Work closely with the Client Advocacy Team and Managed Services Lead Engineers to ensure new customers are on-boarded with a seamless handover / transition into Managed Services.
- Achieve consistent customer satisfaction ratings and respond appropriately to customer feedback on areas for improvement.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related major, or 8 years of equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of management experience leading a SOC team
- 5+ years of experience and understanding of event/alert management, incident and change management processes.
- 5+ years of experience and understanding of Command and Control (CnC), Indicator of Compromise (IoC), DDOS (Distributed Denial -of- Service), Email Phishing, Brute Force Attacks, Event log analysis
- 5+ years of experience in Security Management and SIEM (e.g., Splunk, OSSIM, AlienVault)
- Achieved one or more relevant security certifications (CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GMON, etc.)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of networking and/or security experience
- 7+ years’ experience leading/managing a NOC or SOC
- Experience in Security Management and SEIM (e.g., AlienVault)
- Experience in Network Management Tools (e.g., Vistara)
- Experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
- Possession of Industry Certifications (CISSP, CISA, CISM, ITIL, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Troubleshooting capabilities to be able to mentor team through systematic troubleshooting in a timely manner
- Motivating and managing teams effectively
- Maximizing process efficiency through effective team leadership and collaboration
- Highly organized and able to keep track of personal, and team assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on client service
- Strong documentation and follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail reflected in the ability and interest in reporting (and acting upon) data related to departmental performance
- General business acumen is a must
- A sound understanding of the technologies supporting the Aspire practice areas.
- A passion to deliver exceptional customer service
TRAVEL: Limited to no travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.