NOC Help Desk Technician
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Help Desk Technician contributes to a 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group. Primary responsibilities are to provide deskside support, perform network and server administration, and assist with the implementation of internal IT projects. This position is based in our Eatontown, NJ Headquarters office with frequent trips to remote offices and clients around the NJ/NYC Metro area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Provide ‘Best in Class’ service and support remotely from the office and in person as well.
- Administer and troubleshoot Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and NTP
- Create, change and delete AD user accounts, profiles, file shares, and access privileges
- Create, change and delete O365 user accounts and email accounts
- Administer and troubleshoot access to other key business applications like ConnectWise, WebEx, Jabber, etc.
- Provide deskside support to users in the office and remote support to users in the field
- Troubleshoot email and spam
- Administer and deploy home networks, including Cable DSL/FIOS modems, firewalls, hardware and software VPN clients
- Must be able to troubleshoot LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS, Routing, Switching and Firewalls
- Administer and troubleshoot Cisco wireless and network infrastructure
- Perform patch management on Windows server infrastructure
- Administer and troubleshoot Virtualization software such as VMware Vsphere
- Analyze Windows server logs for issues and respond accordingly
- Perform daily preventative maintenance checks and services on network and server infrastructure
- Create, build and support Windows Laptop images for the various user communities (Sales, Operations and Engineers)
- Manage and track user equipment inventory
- Open, track and close service tickets
- Answer incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to Internal IT procedures and processes
- Work directly with other engineering resources for issue resolution and on internal IT projects
- Provide direct communication to affected users on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within ticketing systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain technical information within defined documentation standards
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration documentation and procedures
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Coordinate and track RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- 1+ years of Desktop Support experience
- Experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of desktop and systems experience
- 2+ years of Microsoft Windows Server Administration experience
- Possession of Industry Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Prior helpdesk experience is a plus
TRAVEL: 25% – 50% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.