NOC Engineer (Unified Communications)-Eatontown or Remote
Location: Eatontown, NJ or Remote
The NOC Engineer contributes to a 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group with a focus on Cisco Unified Communications (UC). The NOC Engineer is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities on managed service client’s UC infrastructure.
Note: Shift hours are Monday-Friday 9 AM – 6 PM EDT
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Provide remote support for core Cisco Unified Communications servers including: Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Unity Connection, IM & Presence, Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) (9.X and higher) and Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Configure/debug gateways (including VG224, VG310s, etc) with MGCP, H.323, SCCP, and SIP
- Configure/troubleshoot devices to be used as Conference Bridges, MTPs (Media Termination Point), and Transcoders
- Respond to client requests and alerts within SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and strictly follow the incident process flow
- Opening cases with Cisco TAC (Technical Assistance Center) when necessary
- Familiarity with networking concepts is preferred
- Perform Moves, Adds, Changes, Deletes on managed UC environments
- Provide technical expertise relating to Unified Communications systems to project teams
- Perform daily preventative maintenance checks and services on managed devices in client infrastructure
- Open, track and close service tickets in a timely manner
- Answer incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to NSOC procedures and processes
- Must route non-UC tickets to appropriate resource for resolution
- Help identify recurring system performance issues
- Provide performance reporting on covered devices
- Work directly with other NSOC Analysts and Engineering resources for issue resolution
- Provide direct communication to affected users and companies on outages and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within ticketing systems on all issue resolution activities
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
- Coordinate and track RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
- Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation and troubleshooting
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- 3+ years of technical experience in IT
- 3+ years of experience and understanding of Unified Communications concepts
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of Cisco Unified Communications (UC) experience
- 2+ years of experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
- Possession of Industry Certifications (CCNA Collab, CCNP Collab)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Prior helpdesk experience is a plus
Less than 25% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.