Location: Eatontown, NJ
The NSOC Coordinator contributes to a 24x7x365 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group. The NSOC Coordinator is responsible for accurately identifying tickets and alerts on our monitoring system, then distributing them to the appropriate resource. The Technical Coordinator will work with the NSOC team, based on their schedules and the severity of tickets to ensure that our clients’ expectations and requests are met in a timely fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Respond to client’s requests within SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Answer incoming calls courteously and professionally.
- Manage email inbox, responding to both client and internal emails in a timely fashion.
- Act according to all NSOC procedures and processes.
- Monitor ticketing system at all times.
- Maintain a ticket queue from starting new tickets, to closing existing ones.
- Accurately identify problem/ticket severity based on Priority Matrix and SLAs.
- Leverage knowledge of various technical disciplines to assign resources accurately.
- Effectively communicate with both the client and the engineer, via phone and/or email, to ensure problem resolution.
- Provide performance reporting on ticket handling.
- Manage clear and concise note taking within tickets from start to resolution or handoff.
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards.
- Identify inefficiencies or issues within ticketing/alerting system and offer solutions or alternative methods for ticket handling, processing and documenting.
- Work closely with both internal resources and clients to ensure tickets are properly routed and handled to our standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School diploma
- Minimum 6 months of technical support experience, i.e Helpdesk, NOC, SOC.
- 6+ months experience working with event/alert management, incident and change management processes
- 6+ months experience working with and understanding of basic networking, routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices.
- Proficient using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of technical support experience
- 2+ years of Help Desk or NOC (Network Operations Center) experience
- 2+ years of experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
- Possession of Industry Certifications (A+, Network+, Security+, MTA, MCSA, CCNA)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
TRAVEL Less than 25% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.