Location: Eatontown, NJ
Responsible for supporting the business’ use of NetSuite and managing enhancements, issue resolution, and the evolution of the platform as the business grows and evolves. Reporting to the COO, this position will control the core applications of our organization, and continue to support finance, sales operations, service delivery, and our project management teams in their use of the applications. The analyst will serve as the trusted advisor to the business managers on the application and will create and manage a constantly improving, low-friction, highly responsive application environment for all staff. Must be hands-on and comfortable juggling various priorities and initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Own the configuration of the core ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) environment and serve as the subject matter expert on system functionality for business users
- Create custom dashboards and reports
- Manage and execute ongoing maintenance to the application including configuration changes, vendor updates, new code releases, and the related documentation and business communications
- Serve as the point of contact for user questions on using the system and on resolving user issues
- Maintain all documentation for the system including configuration, functional specifications, and the enterprise architecture
- Develop and maintain test scripts and, where applicable, automated testing tools for all functionality to manage regression test cycles as well as testing functional updates to the system
- Work with the software vendors and other third-party partners and consultants to resolve issues or develop solutions to business challenges
- Serve as the liaison between the software vendor, other third party service providers, and IT for any core technology issues that arise
- Manage the backlog of feature requests and enhancements
- Manage a disciplined project plan for designing, building, and implementing any ongoing changes to the system
- Serve as a key member of the team and application expert for any major release upgrades or projects related to major integrations
- Provide training and support to all employees
- Administering user access including onboarding, off boarding, and overall access control
- Monitor software and other third party SLA performance and contract compliance
- Keep up-to-date on product updates, new tools, and new methods that may add value
- Research new applications and features based on requests from business users
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years’ experience administering ERP systems
- Completion of NetSuite Foundations course
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of education
- Certified NetSuite Administrator
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience working on one or more ERP implementations
- Strong knowledge in the configuration of NetSuite modules
- An understanding of the security and user access design of NetSuite
- Ability to train users with varying skillsets
- Ability to independently manage projects from planning through completion
- Ability to build relationships with and influence a diverse range of coworkers
- Ability to provide leadership among key contributors without benefit of direct line authority
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Collaboration, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team player, with collaborative communication.
- Effectively prioritize work across sometimes-competing requests.
- Prior experience with software and technology companies preferred.
- Excellent time management & communication skills are necessary to job success.
TRAVEL: Less than 20%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.