Modern Data Center Solutions Architect
If you like to build and grow, apply for immediate consideration. Be part of a team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions – empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of the transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization, and the Internet of Things (IoT) – all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools – and your skills – hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
As a Modern Data Center Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible for working with Aspire account managers and customers to collect requirements and propose software driven solutions for application and data driven business outcomes. Solutions will focus on automated infrastructure encompassing Clouds, Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), Converged Infrastructure, Traditional Storage, Data Management/Backup & Recovery, Compute, Virtualization and Cloud management. This position will be based in New Jersey/New York, however much of the time for this position is spent meeting with customers at their locations (or remote) and otherwise normally working remote with occasional visits to the office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Evaluates client’s infrastructure requirements to meet their data and application needs. Designs solutions that address business issues, and implements efficient, agile and cost saving solutions for customers.
- Guide customers through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of cloud, hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. You will create scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
- Understand client’s infrastructures, their needs and provide expertise and consulting on Cloud, Compute, Storage, Backup, Disaster Recovery, and Data Center Network solutions.
- Develop and deliver professional proposals, including design documentation and statements of work for services to deliver proposed outcomes.
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process.
- Create high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers.
- Create and lead compelling customer-facing presentations on product education, architecture designs, roadmaps, etc.
- Creates a Bill of Materials, SOW and other presales documents required to sell and deliver the designed solution.
- Provides management and account team with oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential opportunities for new products/services.
- Experience building modern architectures within cloud providers as well as connecting existing environments into cloud providers.
- Experience architecting data protection solutions within a multi-cloud environment.
- Provide insight to data center practice director to continue to evolve offerings based on customer requirements.
- Provides guidance regarding architecture and application processes to the engineering delivery and the project teams.
- Serves as a liaison between Aspire and our strategic data center partners to ensure we are aligned with go to market initiatives.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Interact with the post-sales team and Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure alignment between presales and post-sales activities and ensure quality client outcomes.
- Provides feedback and new ideas about improvements to solutions and offerings to improve overall value proposition.
- Deep understanding of competitive analysis and proactive positioning of offerings to ensure we have the best opportunity to win.
- Working closely with the sales team to uncover new opportunities.
- Willingness to propose and learn new technologies as the industry evolves over time.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Automation or 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure systems design, development, verification, and implementation given client requirements and goals.
- 3+ years of experience in positioning hyperconverged and converged technologies, such as Cisco HyperFlex, Nutanix, VxRAIL, and other market leading HCI solutions or same for cloud IaaS services.
- 3+ years of experience with data storage, protection, management, or recovery solutions.
- Technical certification for a minimum of one major cloud provider (AWS, Azure)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or higher level of education
- 5+ years of experience with leading technology vendors such as Cisco, Dell/EMC, Pure, Nutanix, VMware and best of breed IaaS/PaaS providers, such as AWS/GCP/Azure.
- 5+ years of experience with On-prem and Cloud Data Management/Backup and Recovery solutions
- Technical certifications within one or more of the following technologies:
- Cisco, Pure, NetApp, VMware, Nutanix, Dell, AWS, Microsoft, Cohesity, Rubrik
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Continual learner, eager to work with the latest technologies/services.
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate into technical solutions.
- Strong leadership, technical, and selling mindset.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative and well as being able to contribute to a team environment.
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities, i.e., growing new account/clients from the ground up.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills.
- Ability to apply solutions, products and technology to a business outcome.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-manage multiple priorities
- Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
- Solid documentation experience with Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel, etc.
TRAVEL: 25-40% local travel
Aspire strives to provide full time employees with a competitive and meaningful benefits package that includes:
- 401k with company match, eligible after 30 days employment.
- Medical with prescription drug coverage, dental and vision care; effective first day of the following month.
- Company paid Long Term Disability (LTD) Company paid Life & AD&D Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account.
- Generous paid time off and holidays.
Aspire Technology Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.