Lifecycle Contract Specialist
Location: Eatontown, NJ, or Remote
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lifecycle Contract Specialist will handle all tasks related to quoting, reporting, and maintaining IT renewals of services and subscriptions. This role requires analysis of several data sources to create customer facing summaries and quotes. Attention to detail and strong audit skills are a must. This role will provide day to day support to Aspire customers and various teams at Aspire. The Lifecycle Contract Specialist – may work from the Company’s corporate headquarters in Eatontown, New Jersey, or remotely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Interpret data, analyze results and provide ongoing reports.
- Provides strategic value add to the Lifecycle Sales specialist by researching clients on the internet and summarizing findings including subsidiaries, all address locations, point out missing architectures by sub-group, and anomalies the sales specialist will review with clients.
- Handle all tasks related to the maintenance of the contracts including merging contracts where required, updating details such as install sites and associating and recording the details of who has access to contracts for each customer.
- Creates customer facing and internal documents to ensure accurate and professional quotes and contract summaries of coverage are provided.
- Analyze data from reports and multiple datasets including order history, vendor files, contract reports and summary details, and be able to point out discrepancies and make recommendations.
- Provide continuous analysis of data to ensure contracts are kept up to date and correct for clients at all times.
- Work with management and team members to prioritize business and information needs.
- Maintain and reconcile end-users Cisco inventory/licensing and software and proactively manage this process quarterly and annually.
- Responsible for ensuring all orders are audited and trued up for processing, including managing expiration date of outstanding quotes, re-validation and audit of expiring/expired quotes. Auditing for price discrepancies and changes. Update internal systems with required changes.
- Assist clients with customer service requests and follow up on related issues.
- Prioritize and review all services related questions and issues.
- On-going review and audit of sales and renewal forecast to ensure quote and contract summary preparation is done in a timely matter.
- Adhere to all established policies, procedures, and the code of ethics.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree required
- Minimum of one (1) year relevant experience in a sales support role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word or similar tools
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Netsuite, SalesForce, previous experience with data management and reconciliation, and database administration
- 2 years experience preferred in a technology company
- Prior experience in IT a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, database administration and sales management software a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Individual must be detail oriented, have an eye for auditing, understand how to put together and group data in an easy to read format,
- Displays the ability be an adept problem solver
- IT prior experience helpful; knowledge of Cisco, EMC and VMware product lines a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new processes and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated, efficient, reliable.
TRAVEL: Less than 5% travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.