Intern – Project Management
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The PMO Intern is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), which is the centralized point of customer engagement, resource management, resource management, deliverable assurance, and project/program reporting. In general, the PC will have an IT and project background and assist project managers and teams with the coordination of resources, equipment, meetings, scheduling, and information gathering.
This position reports to the PMO Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Coordinates project-related activities throughout the project management life cycle in support of the project managers; these responsibilities include but are not limited to administrative activities, project initiating activities, resources allocation, equipment/license tracking and information gathering, etc.
- Assigns/coordinates engineer on-call schedule.
- Coordinates Engineer assignment to projects.
- Assists in the tracking of shipped equipment.
- Sets up projects in ConnectWise & verifies contacts.
- Schedules Block of Hour tickets (simple tickets).
- Assists Project Managers with larger XL project activities, as needed
- Performs scribe role during Lessons Learned sessions and other project meetings.
- Assists with special/seasonal project drives (ex: driving project closures, moving projects from “on hold”, etc.)
- Ensures SOWs are signed & countersigned and filed to project share.
- Assists with updating PM templates, team SharePoint site, and running ConnectWise reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or in Senior year) in either IT or Business required
- Experience and/or education background/training in technology
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills with ability to influence
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Some technology infrastructure experience is a plus
- Some formal project management experience is a plus
- MS Project (preferred)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated in the ability to communicate on all levels
- Able to prioritize multiple tracks of work while determining critical path.
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate learning to on-the-job applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on client service
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.