Intern – Collaboration
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Collaboration Intern supports the professional services engineering staff by ensuring required products are correctly shipped to customer locations and is ready for provisioning. Typically, the intern will provide physical installation of devices by installing cards in chassis and racking chassis & patch cables as directed. Interns will work closely with project managers and document all equipment installed as instructed by engineering. Familiarity with software development, scripting, API integrations is desired.
This position reports to the Collab Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Understand the full lifecycle of a project. How it starts to how it ends
- Assist engineers in completing tasks needed for project completion
- Gain a clear understanding of the core technologies of collaboration
- Understand what documents are needed for project closeout
- Learn about the different models of phones that are used with the solution
- Eventually become comfortable enough to assist with moves, adds and changes
- Listen in on project calls, both internal and with client, to understand how the information needed for a project is attained
- Review and understand a Statement of Work (SoW)
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related field or Senior Year in college with goal of attaining BA in IT related field
- Proficient with MS Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Visio)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Professional Appearance & Demeanor with Customers
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- General Interest in Information Technology
- Python Scripting/Programming o MS Teams/Phone System
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Good Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Good communication skills
- Multi-task as necessary
- Take what’s learned and apply to real world situations
- Strong organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
TRAVEL: Our client base is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.