Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing Human Resources and Recruitment support. In addition, this role administers and monitors Human Resource programs and ensures compliance with all employment laws and other Human Resource related regulations applicable to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Assists with recruitment and retention tasks
- Assesses positions and works with hiring manager to develop job descriptions by reviewing and clarifying job specifications, competencies and skills required for each open position
- Assists with college recruitment programs, internships, etc.
- Pre-screen job candidates by reviewing resumes and verifying qualifications/credentials to determine suitability of candidates to meet bona fide qualifications for position advertised
- May assist with screening resumes, interviewing candidates (by phone or in person), administering appropriate assessments, and reference/background checking.
- Assists with candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS), ensuring completeness and accuracy of database.
- Provides reports and compiles statistical data to support organizational metrics
- Manages and maintains accuracy for all employee and HR files (maintaining file and retention according to company policy and compliance guidelines)
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Ensures compliance with E-Verify and USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Assists with Benefits administration including open enrollment, new hire changes, etc.
- Tracks performance evaluations, development plans and other employee actions.
- Assists with updates and new functionality to the applicant tracking system.
- Reports, maintains and monitors workers’ compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Compiles OSHA log report
- Maintains HRIS records and distributes reports for management when requested.
- Oversee the entire employee onboarding process from start to finish
- Assists with new hire orientation process
- Assists with the employee separation process and collects/analyzes data to enhance the employee experience.
- Compile and audit electronic employee files
- Update Organizational charts with new hires and terminations
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Stays current with knowledge relating to human resources, industry trends and associated employment law.
- Completes required compliance training by due date
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR or business-related field or equivalent years of HR experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook , Excel, Power Point), HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
- Knowledge and understanding of current employment legislation
Preferred Education and Experience:
- HR certification preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
- Confidential and Ethical Conduct
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.