Location: Eatontown, NJ
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the individual will be responsible for analyzing financial information to produce forecasts and reports of business, industry, and economic conditions to assist the company to make informed business decisions. Additionally, the individual will research and analyze financial information, monitor financial movements, provide executive level reports and presentations, and propose creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data – and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and decision support
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Create recommendations to be presented to management and executives
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Assist in the budgeting and planning processes
- Must be hands-on
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files in an orderly and sensible fashion.
- Maintain total confidentiality in all matters
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with GAAP
- Participate in team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (prefer Accounting/Finance/Economics/Math)
- 7+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- High proficiency with financial modelingand techniques
- Advanced skills with Excel formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Good business acumen
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; must be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, shifting priorities and ability to work independently
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MBA preferred
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
- FMVA (Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst certification) or similar designations preferred
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in priorities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Computer skills: strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, If-Statements) and MS Office applications
- Exercise well-reasoned judgement in all decisions
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work
TRAVEL: Minimal Travel Required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.