Director of Sales, Metro New York
Reporting directly to the Vice President (VP) of Sales will provide leadership, direction and stewardship to the sales organization. The Director of Sales is accountable for the teams’ overall sales performance, which is measured by growth of the Gross Profit and Net Gross Profit of the organization. The Director of Sales will work effectively with the Aspire’s leadership and align sales objectives with the company’s business strategy. The Director of Sales serves as a role model of what it means to embrace Aspire’s culture in everything we do.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with Aspire’s business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Meets with manufacturers to position Aspire as the preferred partner.
- Plans, schedules and meets with existing strategic clients or with new clients where their presence can help accelerate the sales cycle.
- Attends meetings, events, and dinner meetings that may take place outside of standard business hours.
- Recruits, hires, and trains high performance Account Managers (AM)
- Works with Professional Services to recruit technical resources
- Assists the Account Managers to position Aspire’s solutions with the decision makers of the accounts assigned to them
- Accountable for building a team that can meet or exceed the sales goals that are assigned by Aspire’s President and CEO.
- Meets assigned targets for Gross Profits and holds the team accountable for delivering sales results that are in-line with Sales Quota’s.
- Mentors the sales team in following the company blueprint for building a relationship with Aspire’s Manufacturing (OEM) partners.
- Builds relationships and coaches the team to build relationships, maintain open communications, and collaborate and coordinate efforts with the Operations, Finance, engineering and Managed services teams.
- Establishes, governs, enforces and leads the sales organizations use of SalesForce to provide reliable and actionable information to Finance, PMO and Solutions Delivery teams.
- Leads the sales team to build, maintain and grow profitable long-term relationships with all clients
- Assists the Account Mangers to negotiate and close contracts to maximize Aspire’s long-term growth and profitability
- Collaborates and prioritizes with Aspire’s Solution Architects and the PMO organization
- Works with the VP of Sales, Aspire’s President and other leaders to establish direction for the engineering team.
- Leads learning and development initiatives impacting the sales organization and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent.
- Through active, productive partnerships with Human Resources, establishes learning and development objectives essential to the sales organization’s success.
- Ruthlessly pursues client satisfaction
- Works with distribution to find any OEM promotions that can improve the profitability of the sale
- Individually completes compliance training and ensures team complies with training by all due dates
- Customer focused
- Knowledge of basic economic and accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specifically in; strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of human resource principles and procedures to include; personnel recruitment, selection, training, and development.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with members across departments and at all levels of the organization.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelors required
- Minimum of (7) years of experience in outside technology sales experience required
- (5) years of experience in sales management experience required
- (7) years of experience in building a team from the ground up
- (7) years of experience with collaboration, network, wireless, security, computer and storage technologies in complex organizations
- (7) years of experience working with the Cisco sales teams
- (7) years of experience workingwith the Cisco portfolio
- Proven leadership and ability to drive sales team
- Previous partnership experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Entrepreneurial experience
- Strong Mentoring/Coaching Skills
- Multiple Sales Training programs
- (7) years experience of working Sales knowledge of IoT
- (7) years experience of working Sales knowledge of Cisco Ecosystem Partners
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- We are a high-performance culture, which is not right for everyone. You must be comfortable working and leading a team that thrives on excellence and candor and change.
- Must have a working knowledge of Cisco technologies and the ecosystem that connects back to Cisco solutions.
- Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the Aspire brand as well as a deep knowledge of Aspires services and the benefits of an Aspire solution.
- Sets the tone for the sales organization by embracing the culture
- Ability to be a team player.
- Must be a competitive, high achiever, who is persistent, overcoming obstacles, competition, or setbacks.
- Highly motivated and able to lead and deliver outstanding professional work
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion and presentation abilities.
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities.
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.