Director of Marketing
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Director of Marketing is responsible for establishing & implementing strategies, tactics, campaigns, and brand messaging designed to capitalize on market opportunities and generate demand. The Director is responsible for planning and executing marketing and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets.
Ideal candidate will have demonstrable marketing experience within the information technology and/or solution provider space. Knowledge of Cisco architectures and solutions is a huge plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Participate in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications strategies for the organization
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and campaigns, new product/service introductions, customer events, and other marketing projects
- Oversee implementation of the marketing strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, social media, press releases, and public relations
- Compile and analyze performance data to develop metrics that support decision-making for resource allocation and subsequent campaigns
- Manage the creation of all marketing content, collateral, and sales support tools.
- Develop and manage overall marketing budgets
- Manage Market Development Funds (MDF) received from Cisco and other manufacturers
- Enhance Customer Relationship Management processes & technologies as needed
- Perform market segmentation, targeting & positioning initiatives
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other suppliers, including contract negotiation and management
- Work closely with the company’s sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, collateral and presentations
- Supervise a marketing team including hiring, training, workloads, schedules and deadlines
- Manage social media presence and digital programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Oversee the operation of company’s website, social media, and email marketing platforms and develop necessary reporting to measure effectiveness
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends
- Responsible with senior leadership team to grow positive awareness of the organization and strengthen its reputation with clients, partners and the markets it serves.
- Manage the production and distribution of quality ancillary materials that support market development and marketing goals.
- Present frequent progress reports to senior leadership team
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or related field
- 5+ years extensive experience in technology sales, marketing, advertising and brand management
- 3-5 years in a management role
- Proficient using Microsoft Office and various marketing and social media platforms
- Solid business acumen, management, and problem-solving skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MBA preferred
- Membership in the American Marketing Association (AMA)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proven track record of success in senior marketing roles.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management, organization, and leadership skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities.
- Proven dynamic leadership and project management skills
- Strategic, innovative and creative personality with a strong business acumen
- A passion for working in and managing a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Adept multi-tasker with ability to quickly prioritize and effectively delegate tasks
- Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments, and best practices
TRAVEL: up to 25% of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.