Digital Architecture Consulting Engineer (Albany, NY)
Location: Albany, NY
POSITION SUMMARY: The Digital Architecture Engineer works as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the team lead. This individual will assist with staging and prepping hardware for projects, as well as implementation. The range of technologies exposed in this position varies from security to route/switch, wireless and cloud. Primarily responsibility for post-sale project execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements.
This position reports to the Manager of Digital Architecture
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Deploy | Test: Layer-2: Switching, including spanning-tree, VSS, VPC, Fabric Path
- Deploy | Test: Layer-3: (Under the guidance of a Sr. Engineer)
- Deploy | Test: Access, Distribution, and Core Mesh Architectures
- Current Product Experience with: Cisco ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus Switches
- Engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failures
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related major and/or 2-4 years experience in related technology:
- Solid understanding of Cisco Routing-Switching and Security products, and validated designs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Current CCNA or similar
- Working towards CCNP Certification
- Effectively deliver low complexity projects with minimal to no supervision
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships with fellow team members, customers, and vendors)
- strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must have experience in leading Cisco network deployments
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent documentation skills and provide examples of such work.
- Must be able to work independently to achieve goals
- Must be process and detail-oriented
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be customer-oriented
- Occasional overtime/weekend work may be required
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Engage with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations
- Thrive in a team environment
- Learn quickly
- Work with Cisco TAC Engineers
- Assist the Aspire NOC when tickets need to be escalated
- An understanding of the security and user access design of NetSuite
- Highly Preferred: One or more active product certifications on NetSuite
TRAVEL: Our client base is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.