Associate DevOps Engineer
Our Managed Service Practice located in Eatontown, NJ is growing rapidly, and we need a skilled Associate DevOps Engineer to join the DevOps team. The Systems Administrator will be directly responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all systems related to our toolsets that support the Managed Services practice. This position will also assist engineers with implementing new features and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Participate in the implementation, deployment, and integration of solutions
- Collaborate with frontline teams to obtain feedback to use as outputs for solution delivery
- Research, gather feedback, and help build momentum for workflow and technology changes within the organization
- Maintain and troubleshoot toolsets owned by Managed Services including but not limited to: AWS, ScienceLogic, ConnectWise Automate, RestorePoint, BrightGauge, ServiceNow, etc…
- Assist in building and testing of custom integrations between key Managed Services applications
- Create functional and technical documents for custom solutionS
- Troubleshoot issues, resolve complex system problems, and develop and manage complex workflow rules, data validations, and object customizations
- Must be able to present and demo new features that are implemented
- Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERINCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1+ years of Experience with enterprise scripting languages (i.e. Python or PowerShell)
- Understanding of networking and/or security architecture
- Experience with database administration (MySQL or similar)
- Experience with APIs and REST APIs
- Experience with Linux server administration
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of API, SQL, and scripting experience
- 2+ years of Cisco networking and/or security experience
- Experience with Cisco Management Dashboards and their APIs (e.g., Meraki, Umbrella, AMP, DNA Center, StealthWatch, and ISE)
- Experience with network automation platforms (such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with Ticketing System Integration (ServiceNow and ConnectWise)
- Experience with Network Monitoring Systems (ScienceLogic and ConnectWise Automate)
- Experience with front end reporting tools (Sharepoint, Domo, BrightGauge, Jasper, etc.)
- Familiarity with DevOps environment
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
TRAVEL: Less than 25% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
Aspire strives to provide full time employees with a competitive and meaningful benefits package that includes:
- 401k with company match, eligible after 30 days employment.
- Medical with prescription drug coverage, dental and vision care; effective first day of the following month.
- Company paid Long Term Disability (LTD) Company paid Life & AD&D Federal Spending Account.
- Generous paid time off and holidays.
Aspire Technology Partners, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.