Data Center Solutions Architect-Eatontown or Remote
Location: Eatontown, NJ or Remote
As a Data Center Solutions Architect, you’ll be responsible for working with Aspire account managers and customers to collect requirements for Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI), Converged Infrastructure, Traditional Storage, Data Management/Backup & Recovery, Compute, Virtualization and Cloud management. This position will be based in Central New Jersey, however much of the time for this position is spent meeting with customers at their locations (or via conference calls) and daily reporting to the office is not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Evaluates existing data center environments, designs solutions that address business issues, and implements efficient and cost saving solutions for customers.
- Guide customers through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services. You will create scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
- Understand client’s infrastructures, their needs and provide expertise and consulting on Compute & Storage solutions.
- Develop and deliver professional proposals, including design documentation.
- Work with Account Manager/Sales Team to develop customer relationship and solutions and assist in overall sales process.
- Create high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers.
- Creates a Bill of Materials, SOW and other presales documents required to sell and deliver the solution.
- Provides management and account team with oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situations, competitive activities, and potential opportunities for new products/services.
- Provides guidance regarding architecture and application processes to the engineering delivery and the project teams.
- Serves as a liaison between Aspire and the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to make sure that they understand Aspire’s capabilities.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Interact with the post-sales team and Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure alignment between presales and post-sales activities and ensure quality client outcomes.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Information Technology industry
- 7 years of experience in Data Center systems design, development, verification, and implementation
- 7 years of experience in positioning hyperconverged and converged technologies, such as Cisco HyperFlex, Nutanix, VxRAIL, and other market leading HCI solutions.
- Knowledge of traditional compute, storage and Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions
- 7 years of experience designing Data Center solutions given client requirements and goals
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher level of education in the Information Technology industry
- CCNP or CCIE certification
- Experience with leading technology vendors such as Cisco, Dell/EMC, Pure, Nutanix, VMware and other best of breed technology providers
- 10 years of experience with On-prem and Cloud Data Management/Backup and Recovery solutions
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills.
- Ability to apply solutions, products and technology to a business opportunity
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-manage multiple priorities
- Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
- Solid documentation experience with Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel, etc
TRAVEL: 50% local travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.