Data Center Senior Delivery Engineer-Eatontown
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Data Center Senior Delivery Engineer is a senior implementation and support engineer position that provides advanced data center technology consulting, implementation and support. The Data Center Senior Delivery Engineer maintains expert-level knowledge of technologies within specific functional areas, along with required certifications, and fulfills a “trusted advisor” role among our customers on technical matters. It is important for the incumbent in this position to continually build their knowledge base and grow professionally within areas of specialization, as well as building new areas of expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Communicate and cooperate with project management and technical peers to effectively plan, execute, and complete project engagements
- Working from Statements of Work and Bills of Material, establish technical plans, tasks, work breakdown structures, dependencies, contingency plans, and impact assessments
- Coordinate the exchange of information between clients, third party sub-contractors, and Aspire’s project management and technical peers.
- Gather, consolidate, prepare, document and distribute standardized project technical information in various formats, including but not limited to: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Actively coordinate and mentor less-experienced engineers in concert with project management peers and in accordance with project goals.
- Perform and document inventory of equipment and project related assets, including hardware and related components, and licensing
- Assemble hardware components and install devices into final mounted and operable positions, including physical connectivity for power, network link, and human interface
- Strong technical background in the technologies within the following areas:
- Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Hyperflex Data Platform
- Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI)
- Fiber Channel Switching (MDS, Nexus)
- Site Recovery Manger (SRM)
- Backup and Recovery
- Cloud Platforms
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Active Directory
- Additional abilities considered a plus:
- Horizon (VDI)
- vRealize Operations Manager
- EMC Avamar, Data Domain, NetWorker
- Backup and Recovery
- SQL Server
- Provide technical diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Engage and coordinate the assistance of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to effectively and expeditiously resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and deliver training and related documentation and materials to peers and clients on any of the above-mentioned technical proficiencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Proven track record in delivering projects to customers with high satisfaction
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree
- 7+ years of experience focused in technology-based consulting or equivalent industry experience
- Must possess Professional Level Certifications, ie. CCNP, CCDP, VCP-DCV
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- CCIE in Data Center
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
TRAVEL: Less than 25-50% required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.