Data Center Practice Director-Eatontown
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Data Center Practice Director position is an entrepreneurial and progressive leadership role focused on leading the growth and success of Aspire’s Data Center Practice. The Data Center Practice Director will provide thought leadership to our clients, set strategic direction for the practice and ultimately drive sales. This individual will be accountable for ensuring the overall quality of execution as well as recruiting, consulting and operational efficiency across the entire Data Center portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Accountability for the Data Center practice, including technology direction, driving sales, recruiting, account management, and all operational aspects, including:
- Growth – Drive overall growth of technology organization through a combination of business development, talent management, oversight of delivery work, and thought
- Business Development – Lead business development activities, leveraging professional contacts for the benefit of the company.
- Engagement Management – Provide presales engineering support, manage engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from
- Team & Individual Development- Maximize team performance through an effective team approach that increases productivity and job
- Thought Leadership – Provide clients and Aspire with relevant industry direction and develop sellable solutions aimed at growing the practice.
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing Influence expected product and services revenue and gross profit through the management of practice P&L.
- Provide leadership and direction to post-sales team to ensure alignment between pre and post-sales activities and ensure quality client outcomes.
- Manage executive and senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and assist the Sales Teams in educating and position Aspire technology solutions and services to
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Leadership to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree
- 10+ years of experience focused in technology-based consulting or equivalent industry experience
- P&L management experience
- Experience with managing people, including mentoring and leadership skills Background in presales engineering of Data Center technologies
- Expert business operations experience (service development, profitability management, and staff utilization)
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; e. growing new account/clients from the ground up
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills
TRAVEL: Less than 25-50% required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.