Intern – Digital Architecture
Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Digital Architecture (DA) intern will provide support to various departments, while gaining supervised practical experience to specific operational departments.
This position reports to the Manager of Digital Architecture
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Assist with staging network devices
- Label devices for deployment
- Assists in keeping staging area clean
- Join WebEx meetings to understand future work
- Contribute to team success
- Work closely with Mentor/Project Manager to satisfy client needs
- Learn and understand best practice templates of Aspire
- Create inventory sheet by scanning in devices
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Pursuing a college degree in Information Technology related field with a minimum completed 3 years of college education
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with Python and API’s
- Professional Appearance & Demeanor with Customers
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- General Interest in Information Technology
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Visio)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Multi-task as necessary
- Prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
- Customer service skills
- Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Must have access to reliable transportation
Our client based is concentrated in NJ/NY/PA, but we do have clients up and down the Eastern Seaboard. Depending on your tasks, you may be required to go on-site.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.