Location: Eatontown, NJ
The consulting engineer works as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the team lead. Assisting and working with senior level engineers, this individual will help with staging and prepping hardware for projects, as well as implementation. The range of technologies exposed in this position varies from security to route/switch, wireless, and cloud.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Upgrades hardware modules and software code on various platforms
- Rack, Stack, and power up of equipment. Cables the equipment as per Visio diagrams.
- Works with and designs small and medium size networks
- Assists Senior Consulting Engineers with staging and burn-in of hardware for projects
- Troubleshoots new and existing implementations
- Develops repeatable deployment methods related to new and existing network or data center environments.
- Performs network assessments and consultations.
- Designs enterprise-class network solutions with Microsoft Visio, NETFORMX or similar graphing product
- Design | Deploy | Test: Layer-3: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, IS-IS, LISP.
- Design | Deploy | Test: Layer-2: Switching, including spanning-tree, VSS, VPC, Fabric Path.
- Design | Deploy | Test: Access, Distribution, and Core Mesh Architectures
- Configuration and Deployment Experience with:
- Cisco ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus Switches
- Cisco and Meraki Wireless Controllers and Access Points.
- Cisco security products including, ASA, Firepower, ISE, AMP, and StealthWatch
- Deployment Level Knowledge and Experience with:
- Multicast, DMVPN, MPLS, iWAN, Performance Routing
- Remote Access VPNs, Site-to-Site VPNs, RADIUS, AAA, DNS, DHCP, IPv4/6
- Cisco UCS – B and C Series Server platforms and UCS Manager
- Familiarity with Cisco Hyperflex, VMware ESXi, and vCenter
- Efficiently work with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product
- Keeping Project Managers and Team Lead up to date on project status
- Maintains industry relevant certification(s) levels
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships with fellow team members, customers, and vendors alike)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to present and communicate solutions to non-technical customers.
- Ability to engage in failure-mode analysis and remediation for the above technologies.
- Ability to engage with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations.
- Ability to engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failures.
- Able to work with limited to no technical supervision.
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Working with Cisco TAC Engineers
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related major, or 6 years of equivalent professional experience, inclusive of:
o Routing-Switching and/or
o Firewall Security and/or
o Wireless and/or
o Unified Computing Technologies
Associate Level Professional Certification:
o A+, Network+
o CCDA – CCNA
Strong understanding of Cisco Routing-Switching and Security products, and validated designs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related major, plus 2-5 years of industry experience in data center, network operation or colocation center.
Professional Level Certifications – CCNP, CCDP
Regional Travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.