Location: Eatontown NJ
The Collaboration Engineer (CE) designs, installs, and supports advanced Cisco-based voice and collaboration networks. CE’s have primary responsibility for post-sale project technical execution and completion of project deliverables, and ongoing support engagements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Communicate and cooperate with project management and technical peers to effectively plan, execute, and complete project engagements
- Assess collaboration project presales proposals, Statements of Work, Bills of Material, and other project definition source materials to validate project execution and technical feasibility.
- Establishing technical plans, tasks, work breakdown structures, dependencies, contingency plans, and impact assessments
- Coordinate the exchange of information between clients, third-party sub-contractors, and Aspire Technology Partners project management and technical peers.
- Gather, consolidate, prepare, document, and distribute standardized project technical information in various formats, including but not limited to: PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- Design and develop technical approaches to project deliverables in accordance with Cisco-published best practices
- Perform and document inventory of equipment and project-related assets, including hardware and related components, and licensing
- Assemble hardware components and install devices into final mounted and operable positions, including physical connectivity for power, network link, and human interface
- Install and configure the following Cisco collaboration and related hardware, software products, and technologies with proficiency:
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers (Cisco Business Edition 6000, 7000)
- VMware Hypervisor
- Cisco Expressway
- Cisco Unified Border Element
- SIP/MGCP Voice Gateways
- SIP Trunking
- Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony
- Cisco Jabber
- Cisco Jabber Guest
- Cisco Mobile & Remote Access
- Cisco IP Phones (all models and variants)
- Cisco Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
- Cisco Instant Message & Presence Server (IM&P)
- Cisco Contact Center Express (UCCX) (CUCM integration and base configuration only. Advanced scripting is not required, though desirable)
- Cisco Attendant Console
- Cisco Emergency Responder
- Cisco Paging Server (InformaCast)
- Webex Calling
- Cisco Video Endpoints (all models)
- Cisco Spark
- Control Hub
- Cisco Telepresence Server
- Cisco Meeting Server
- Cisco Webex Collaboration Meeting Room (CMR)
- Assist in the integration and/or migration of 3rd-party Private Branch Exchange (PBX) services
- Provide technical diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Engage and coordinate the assistance of Cisco’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to effectively and expeditiously resolve technical issues.
- Prepare and deliver training and related documentation and materials to peers and clients on any of the above-mentioned technical proficiencies.
- Provides documentation related to As-Built.
- Develops repeatable deployment methods related to new and existing network or data center environments.
- Performs network assessments and consultations.
- Designs enterprise-class network solutions with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product
- Deploy | Test: Cisco Voice, Video, & Presence systems according to design.
- Ability to engage in failure-mode analysis and remediation for the above technologies.
- Ability to engage with project management regarding project status, timelines, and escalations.
- Ability to engage with Operations Center and Manufacturer Support Teams to resolve network failure
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in an Information Technology related major, or 4-6 years of equivalent professional experience, inclusive of:
- Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Cisco Business Edition 6000 & 7000
- Cisco Communication Manager [CUCM]
- Cisco Unity Connection [CUC]
- Cisco Instant Messaging & Presence Server [IM&P]
- Associate Level Professional Certification:
- CCDA – CCNA
- Must possess a strong understanding of Cisco Unified Communications products, and validated designs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field of study, plus
- 2-5 years of industry experience in data center, network operation or colocation center4 years hands-on Cisco voice and collaboration experience
- Professional Level Certifications – CCVP, CCDP
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent documentation skills and provide examples of such work
- Must possess excellent presentation, organization, and planning skills
- Must be able to work independently to achieve goals
- Able to work with limited to no technical supervision.
- Must be process and detail-oriented
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills and be customer-oriented
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel within NJ/NYC/PA.
Less than 50 % travel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.