Accounts Receivable Specialist
If you like to build and grow… Be part of the Aspire team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions—empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization and the Internet of Things (IoT) — all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools—and your skills– hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Location: Eatontown, NJ
Responsible for or assisting in many aspects of general accounting including driving the month end close to ensure it is completed within the required timeline. Primary focus will be on accounts receivable, however cross trained to perform all accounting functions. Compiles and provides financial information for use in preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Accounts Receivable
- Daily invoicing to customers, including invoicing, tracking and item, SKU and serial numbers, file maintenance, scanning and mailing as required.
- Customer invoicing, statements and reconciliations
- Collections – contact with customers via phone and email regarding outstanding accounts.
- Implement ongoing process improvements and automations
- Maintains professional demeanor in all customer interactions.
- Monthly recurring invoicing.
- Review and reconcile ConnectWise billings for service tickets to be processed through QuoteWerks, Salesforce & NetSuite. Forward to Sales operations team to generate Sales Orders.
- Reconcile ConnectWise monthly billing for managed services to correlate with NetSuite billing
- Work closely with Sales Operations Team to adds new customers to systems as required
- Work with Sales Operations Team for customer credits and replacements as required
- Maintain “Open Sales Orders by Account Manager by Customer with details” report for daily and month end reporting
- Processes Sales Tax /Use Returns through outside processing vendor, Avalara.
- Provides WIP (Work in Process) entry input.
- Provides reports to other groups as required
- Month end reports:
- Accrual report – Purchase Orders /Sales Orders reconciliation
- Reconciles revenue between QuoteWerks, Salesforce, and QuickBooks for accuracy across all systems.
- Sales Tax reconciliation and report downloads from Avalara
- Commission reports – accurately calculate and submit for approval and payment.
- Compiles and processes State reporting – EMC/WSCA/OGS/Carahsoft/Nimble/Pure, etc. as required
- Assists in month end financial reporting, as needed
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files in an orderly and sensible fashion.
- Communicate project issues with Project Managers/Account Managers, etc. when related by customer
- Ensures that all pending matters are referred to appropriate management levels and perform follow-up as needed.
- Perform general administrative duties (i.e., typing, messages, photocopies, scanning, faxes, Federal Express shipments and accounting functions).
- Order office supplies as required.
- Maintain total confidentiality in all matters of correspondence, telephone messages, and personal conversations
- Responds to special requests for financial information as required
- Maintain highest level of accuracy and quality standards.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with others and function as a collaborative team.
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with all policies and procedures.
- Participate in team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Complete compliance training by due date
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience :
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Outlook, Intermediate skills in Excel and Word required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field Finance from an accredited college or university
- 5-7 years’ experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Behaves ethically in all situations and reports or challenges unethical behavior of others
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in priorities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Computer skills: NetSuite, strong Excel knowledge and other MS Office applications. Familiarly with reporting, QuoteWerks, and ConnectWise a plus.
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work
Minimal travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.