Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist
If you like to build and grow, apply for immediate consideration. Be part of a team that helps transform major companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and educational institutions – empowering them to thrive in the rapidly evolving digital economy. You will be at the forefront of the transformative technologies, including collaboration, mobility, cloud computing, big data, social media, virtualization, and the Internet of Things (IoT) – all of this in a consultative environment in which these powerful tools – and your skills – hold great strategic value. As a key player in our fast-growing, award-winning organization, you can expect a stimulating work culture, a great team passionate about innovation, and a wealth of opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Responsible for or assisting in many aspects of general accounting including various entries in NetSuite. Primary focus is on Accounts Payable, however cross trained to assist in all accounting functions. Supports the Finance and Sales Operations Team. Run reports to help with the month end close to ensure it is completed within the required timeline. Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, other accounting statements and ad hoc reports as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from the CFO, and the Controller regarding financial results, reporting, and related.
- Assists the Finance
- Daily posting of accounts payable
- Input and process addition of new vendors.
- Scanning and electronic filing of vendor bills.
- Research and process bills for weekly check/ ACH Generate/ process checks as required.
- Analyze, generate and export monthly employee expense reports via Fyle.
- Calculate and prepare Project Report Audits
- Reconcile and post credit card transactions.
- Provides reports and spreadsheets as
- Prepares monthly financial data and assists in month end financial reporting.
- Research and complete new contracts, new vendor paperwork and complete renewal applications as required.
- Provides on-going analysis and maintains assigned accounts.
- Analyze, generate and export monthly employee expense reports.
- Compile required daily reports.
- Handle all Certificate of Insurance/ Bond requests in a timely manner
- Provides support for RFP processing.
- Administers and serves as main point of contact for company cell phone program.
- Serves as backup support for accounts receivable related to service ticket invoicing, monthly billing, accruals, sales tax /use returns.
- Assists in maintaining a system of internal control and safeguards for expenditures and costs.
- Perform general administrative duties g. typing, messages, photocopies, faxes, scanning, filing and accounting functions.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files in an orderly and sensible fashion.
- Ensure that all pending matters are referred to appropriate management levels and perform follow-up as needed.
- Maintain total confidentiality in all matters of correspondence, telephone messages, email and personal conversations.
- Work performance continuously meets or exceeds high quality and accuracy standards.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with others and function as a collaborative team.
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Establish a good quality of work with few errors.
- Participate in team meetings and strategizing sessions.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assist Facility Management Team with issues and concerns as needed.
- Complete compliance training by due date
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
A minimum of 2 years of related experience
Computer Proficiency: NetSuite, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or related field Finance from an accredited college or university
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Behaves ethically in all situations and reports or challenges unethical behavior of others.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Competency in General Ledger and Accounting Principles
- Good organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Computer skills: NetSuite, strong Excel knowledge and other MS Office applications
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities.
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work.
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire strives to provide full time employees with a competitive and meaningful benefits package that includes:
- 401k with company match
- Medical with prescription drug coverage, dental and vision care; effective first day of the following month.
- Company paid Long Term Disability (LTD) Company paid Life & AD&D Federal Spending Account.
- Generous paid time off and holidays.