Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Accounting/Payroll Specialist is responsible for the processing of payroll for 100+ employees spread over multiple States, In addition to payroll, coverage will also be required as point person of the facilities team. Liaison with the HR department will be key in the success of this position as any additional downtime will be providing scheduling support to the talent acquisitions team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED
- Payroll and HR
- Completes payroll to insure accurate and timely processing including expense reimbursements, commissions payments, stipends, etc.
- Processes payroll set up and changes for relevant deductions i.e, multi-state taxation requirements, benefit deductions, garnishments, 401k, etc
- Responds to and resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Tracks payroll changes for auditing purposes.
- Assists with payroll and employee census reporting and database maintenance.
- Perform new-hire onboarding and employee offboarding
- Completes all employment verifications, inclusive of relevant payroll information, in a timely manner.
- Processes and completes certified payroll reporting as required.
- Complete E-Verify for employee employment eligibility verification.
- Knowledge of each States Tax Laws that Aspire employees reside in
- Takes photos and assigns employee key cards with appropriate levels of access.
- process expense reports for payments
- Verify that payroll activity posts correctly to the General Ledger.
- Coordinates building maintenance services including negotiating contracts for recurring services.
- Create and maintain physical and electronic files in an orderly and sensible fashion.
- Ensure that all pending matters are referred to appropriate management levels and perform follow-up as needed.
- Maintain total confidentiality in all matters.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with others and function as a collaborative team.
- Participate in team meetings and strategy sessions.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Knowledgeable and stays current and complies with all Standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Completes all compliance training by due date
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field from an accredited college or university or 8+ years of equivalent professional experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of related payroll experience inclusive of mufti state payroll
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word required. QuickBooks and Beyond Pay is a plus.
- Payroll/HR platform experience required
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change in priorities
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Eagerness to learn and expand responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Computer skills: QuickBooks experience helpful, , strong Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, If-Statements) and other MS Office applications
- Exercise well-reasoned judgement in all decisions
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
- Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work
TRAVEL: Minimal travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and drug screening.