Account Manager (Albany, NY)
Geographical area is New York and the surrounding area
The Account Manager (AM) will be responsible for finding and opening new accounts (Hunting) in the assigned territory. The AM needs to be able to position Aspire solutions with the decision makers at the accounts he or she uncovers, as well as any existing Aspire accounts that may be reassigned to the AM.
Positioning means that the AM will need to be able to understand the Aspire Value proposition and how it may be relevant to a client or prospect. The AM needs to be able to position the business outcomes that an Aspire solution will deliver to the client/prospect.
The Account Manager needs to be able to present and sell Aspire solutions to C-Level executives in the Assigned territory or vertical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Find new prospects who have a need for Aspire services
- Build a “trusted advisor” relationship with all your accounts
- Build, maintain and grow profitable long-term relationships with all clients
- Negotiate and close contracts to maximize Aspire’s long-term growth and profitability
- Expand profitable opportunities with existing clients
- Introduce and sell managed services and managed security into all your clients and prospects.
- Build trust with all our core vendors and ecosystem partners
- Align your prospects and clients with the corresponding Cisco Account Manager (or other ecosystem partner)
- Strategize with the Cisco AM (or other ecosystem partner) to earn deal registration
- Be the team lead and primary point of contact for any and all matters that impact your clients and prospects
- Ruthlessly pursue client satisfaction
- Work with Operations to build quotes and to verify the accuracy of quotes before they are presented to the client
- Work with distribution to find any OEM promotions that can improve the profitability of the sale
- Work with Aspire Solution Architects to develop solutions that address the clients required business outcomes
- Be able to negotiate the Statement of Business Outcomes with the client or prospect without the assistance of a Solutions Architect
- Understand and communicate internally with Aspire colleagues the client’s expectations regarding delivery of all pre-sales materials and deliverables
- Work with Aspire’s Professional Service team to verify the accuracy and business relevance of Statements or Work before they are presented to the client
- Understand and communicate internally with Aspire colleagues the client’s expectations regarding delivery of the project, including all milestones that may be client business impacting
- Communicate in Salesforce an accurate sales forecast to enable Professional Services and Finance to accurately plan their resource needs
- Embrace the Aspire culture by support your colleagues to help everyone excel
- Complete compliance trainings by due dates.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Five years or more sales experience selling complex technical solutions to public sector or enterprise accounts
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA.
- Knowledge of Cisco portfolio
- Working knowledge of partner selling environment
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to quickly develop a deep understanding of the Aspire brand as well as a deep knowledge of Aspires services and the benefits of an Aspire solution.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Must be a competitive, high achiever, who is persistent, overcoming obstacles, competition, or setbacks.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and deliver outstanding professional work
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion and presentation abilities.
- Exemplify ownership and accountability in responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and take constructive criticism.
TRAVEL: The Account Manager is expected to meet with client’s in-person throughout the assigned territory. Typically, the AM will have three to five meetings outside the office in any given week. When not in the office, it is expected that the Account Manager will work in the designated area of closest Aspire Office. The Account Manager may be given the right to work from their home when they are not with a client or partner meeting.
The Account Manager is also expected to attend meetings and events that take place outside of standard business hours. A typical week will have one or two dinner meetings or activities that take place in the evening.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.