The Security Operation Center (SOC) Incident Responder is responsible for monitoring and responding to security related alerts within Aspire Technology Partners’ Managed Service Clients and is based at the Company’s Eatontown, NJ headquarters. Primary responsibilities include correlation of data from various sources; determining if a critical system or data set has been impacted; provides recommendations on remediation; and provides support for new analytic methods for detecting threats.
The Incident Responder will use a variety of tools to investigate incidents and take immediate action or recommend a course of action to safeguard Aspire’s Managed Services Clients. The Incident Responder will document all incidents and create a clear narrative that supports their conclusions. The Incident Responder will prioritize and differentiate between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms, create and track security investigations to resolution, compose security alert notifications and other communications and advise incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Ensure that all SOC (Security Operations Center) tickets are handled and resolved within SLAs (Service Level Agreements).
- Stay up to date with current security vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Monitor security alarm activity from remote communications sites to ensure company compliance.
- Create and run search queries in SEIM tools to help with identifying and troubleshooting security issues
- Utilize tools (e.g., Wireshark, NMAP, PCap, etc.) to identify and map devices on the network
- Open, track and close trouble tickets.
- Answer incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to SOC procedures and processes.
- Interface with field personnel to verify repairs and testing systems.
- Assist in resolution of SOC daily reports.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of supported systems.
- Work directly with other SOC Analysts and Engineering (Level 3) resources for issue resolution
- Provide direct communication to affected users and companies on security incidents and maintenance activities
- Maintain detailed notes within Operational Management systems on all security issue resolution activities
- Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
- Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
- Manage and maintain security monitoring and alerting systems
- Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation and troubleshooting.
- Communicate with customers, peers, team and managers regarding incident and change management.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Limited to no travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate’s Degree; 3+ years’ experience working in a NOC or SOC; 2+ years of Security Incident Response experience; Knowledge and understanding of event/alert management, incident and change management processes.
Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 5+ years of networking and/or security experience; Experience in Security Management and SEIM (e.g., AlienVault); Experience in Network Management Tools (e.g. Vistara); Experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise); and Possession of Industry Certifications (Security+, CISSP, CISA, CISM, ITIL).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.