The NSOC Consulting Engineer contributes to a 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center within the Managed Services group with a focus on Server Administration. The NSOC Consulting Engineer is responsible for accurately identifying and resolving failures and potential issues while maintaining accurate documentation and executing maintenance and administrative activities on managed service client’s server infrastructure. The position is based in our Eatontown, NJ headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
• Respond to client’s requested within SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and strictly follow the incident process flow
• Create, change and delete user accounts, profiles, file shares, and access privileges
• Perform and verify backups and restorations on Servers and Applications
• Administer and troubleshoot Active Directory (AD), DNS, DHCP, and NTP
• Perform Patch management on Server Infrastructure (Windows Servers, VMware Servers, Linux Servers, etc.)
• Stay up to date with current security vulnerabilities and patches on Windows Servers
• Analyze Server logs for issues and respond accordingly
• Install/rebuild servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with industry standards and client requirements
• Perform daily preventative maintenance checks and services on managed devices in client infrastructure
• Open, track and close trouble tickets
• Answer incoming calls and monitor various e-mail accounts and act according to NSOC procedures and processes
• Interface with field personnel to verify repairs and testing systems
• Help identify recurring system performance issues
• Provide performance reporting on covered devices
• Work directly with other NSOC Analysts and Engineering resources for issue resolution
• Provide direct communication to affected users and companies on outages and maintenance activities
• Maintain detailed notes within ticketing systems on all issue resolution activities
• Maintain customer technical information within defined documentation standards
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Obtain/maintain technical/professional certifications applicable to position or as directed
• Manage and maintain monitoring and alerting systems
• Coordinate and track RMA (Return Material Authorization) requests, to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms
• Assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation and troubleshooting
• Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Associate’s Degree
• 2+ years of Microsoft Windows Sever Administration experience
• Knowledge and understanding of event/alert management, incident and change management processes.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 5+ years of systems experience
• 2+ years of VMware Sever Administration experience
• 1+ years of Linux Sever Administration experience
• Experience with Ticket Management Tools (e.g., ConnectWise)
• Possession of Industry Certifications (MTA, MCSA, MCSE)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships)
• Strong work ethic
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to multi-task as necessary
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with focus on customer satisfaction
• Customer service skills
• Proactive approach and good troubleshooting techniques
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on quick problem resolution
• Attentive and detail oriented
• Prior helpdesk experience is a plus
TRAVEL: Less than 25% travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.