Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Network Consulting Engineer works as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the team lead. Assisting and working with senior level engineers, this individual will help with staging and prepping hardware for projects, as well as implementation. The range of technologies exposed in this position varies from security to route/switch, wireless, and cloud. This position is based in our Eatontown, New Jersey headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Upgrades hardware modules and software code on various platforms
- Rack, Stack, and power up of equipment. Cables the equipment as per Visio diagrams.
- Works with and designs small and medium size networks
- Assists Senior Consulting Engineers with staging and burn-in of hardware for projects
- Troubleshoots new and existing implementations
- Maintains current knowledge of Layer 1 standards and best practices – i.e. power and cabling standards (RJ45 and Fiber)
- Maintains current knowledge of Layer 2/switching
- Maintains current knowledge of Layer 3/routing protocols – RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, Static Routing
- Must be able to learn and understand Cisco product line as it relates to Data Center, Route Switch, Security, and Wireless including but not limited to Cisco ISR/ASR Routers, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco Wireless, Cisco ASA/Firepower, Cisco Meraki
- Performs network assessments and consultations. Documents as per Aspire standards
- Ability to learn the following technologies – DMVPN, Remote Access VPNs, Site-to-Site VPNs, RADIUS, AAA, IOS, DNS, DHCP, ACS
- Develop knowledge about competing product lines, i.e. Juniper, Fortinet, Check Point, Aruba, Dell, HP, Enterasys
- Efficiently work with Microsoft Visio or similar graphing product to Keeping Project Managers and Team Lead up to date on project status
- Maintains industry relevant certification(s) levels
- Effectively communicate both written and verbally
|Minimum Education and Experience:||Bachelor’s degree required
1-2 years’ experience in related practice, (i.e. R/S, Security, Wireless, Data Center Technologies), Associate Level Certifications, i.e. A+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA
Formal training in networking as it relates to practice (i.e. R/S, Security, Wireless, Data Center)
|Preferred Education and Experience:||4-year College degree
2-5 years of industry experience
Professional Level Certifications – CCNP, CCDP
Experience working in an information technology role
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (develop and maintain strong working relationships with fellow team members, customers, and vendors alike)
- Strong work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Efficient working in Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task as necessary
- Attentive and detail oriented
- Proactive approach and excellent troubleshooting techniques
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Occasional overtime may be required
- Working with Cisco TAC Engineers
- Assisting the Aspire TSC when tickets need to be escalated
- Cisco VIRL
- A desire to learn network design and implementation
- Acquiring additional certifications as required by Aspire
- An eagerness to learn and develop their skillsets in various technologies
TRAVEL: Less than 25% Travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.