Location: Eatontown, NJ
The Datacenter Solutions Architect is responsible for educating clients and translating client requirements into clearly defined and defendable datacenter architectures and service delivery strategies, to be used by the Aspire Delivery Teams to address client outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED.
- Engagement Management – Provide presales engineering support, manage engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting, defining deliverable content, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from client.
- Thought Leadership – Provide clients and Aspire with relevant industry direction and develop sellable solutions aimed at growing the practice.
- Identify opportunities and sell services to both new and existing clients. Influence expected product and services revenue and gross profit.
- Manage executive and senior executive-level client stakeholder relationships and assist the Sales Teams in educating and positioning Aspire technology solutions and services to clients.
- Work with Sales, Marketing and Sr. Leadership to capture best practices and develop case studies and other core deliverables to build solution offerings.
- Provide thought leadership by participating in industry forums, events, speaking engagements, and social media.
- Manage production of project deliverables, budget, and presentations to client personnel and leadership.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical degree
- 10 years of experience focused in technology–based consulting or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated professional growth and the proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Knowledge of storage and backup technologies such as Pure, Agile, and Dell/EMC.
- Knowledge of VMware technologies, including server and desktop virtualization.
- Experience in positioning hyperconverged and converged technologies, such as Cisco HyperFlex,, Dell/EMC, VxRAIL, and Cisco converged architectures.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Background in presales engineering of Cisco Data Center technologies:
- Datacenter Networking
- Cisco UCS
- Cisco Converged Ecosystem (Pure, Dell/EMC, Nimble, VMware, etc.)
- Hybrid Cloud
- Cloud Suite
- UCS Manager
- Tetration Analytics
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following technologies:
- Rubrick, Avamar, Data Domain, Commvault, Veeam, Pure, Tegile, XtremIO, VNX
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Proven history of leveraging and growing existing client base; organic business development responsibilities; i.e. growing new account/clients from the ground up.
- Experience with mentoring and training technical and sales teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to audiences of all levels including client facing skills.
- 50% local travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
For further consideration, please apply here. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Aspire Technology Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.