The case for creating an objective-driven framework for digital transformation
The IT world is changing. Competition is global and the marketplace is digital. More and more employees are using their own devices in the work environment – often accessing and sharing enterprise applications and data. The new digital workplace now extends to virtually anywhere today’s mobile users happen to be. And customers of all types demand instant access to products and services on their own terms. Everything from access and security to data storage has reached new levels of complexity.
Internally, CIOs are under enormous pressure due to the changing technology landscape, business process optimization, and high expectations from key stakeholders:
- CEOs and boards of directors demand a strategy for leveraging IT to boost productivity and shareholder value.
- Users demand IT support and access to enterprise assets from multiple personal devices.
- Managers of key departments and lines of business demand that IT integrate and support new technologies to advance operational objectives and empower customers.
- Lateral players such as Chief Digital Officers (CDOs) and Chief Marketing Officers (CMOs) are demanding more influence and control over the direction of IT.
The six stages of the Aspire Transformation Cycle:
- Strategic Insight: We establish a clear understanding of your organizational objectives, as well as your current business and operating environments.
- Gap Analysis: We perform a deep-dive evaluation of your current technology infrastructure, people, processes and capabilities – to determine what deficiencies must be overcome in order to reach your objectives.
- Transformation Design and Planning: We collaborate with you to develop the blueprint for transformation, addressing any gaps, and taking into account business, market, and customer drivers, along with operational and technology requirements.
- Implementation: We apply a precise, no-surprises project management methodology when we implement your transformation solutions. This includes tight controls for such aspects as budget, schedule and deadlines, initial solution testing, and communication and coordination.
- Outcome Audit: We validate the success of the transformation by measuring the results against the anticipated outcomes.
- Optimization & Management: We help you apply prescribed best practices on an on-going basis to assure your transformation goals are met, and to help identify additional transformation requirements as your strategic objectives evolve. We also offer a complete suite of Managed Services to relieve your organization of the day-to-day responsibility for a variety of IT operations.
The evolving role of IT in the business landscape is now commonly termed “digital transformation,” and is broadly viewed as imperative to organization success, but the term can have many different definitions. With the Aspire Transformation Cycle, CIOs and their managers are empowered to define and manage critical IT transitions in a way that helps achieve strategic objectives.
- It helps effectively manage any major transition – ranging from data center migrations, to cloud computing, to unified communications. And even if the transition is narrowly focused, it enables a holistic view of the impact on the enterprise.
- It provides a clear process that invites buy-in from all of the organization’s key stakeholders.
- It makes transformation results more certain, by defining outcomes and establishing accountability.
- Because our transformation cycle is reliable and repeatable, you can actually apply it as an on-going exercise – to keep your organization in pace with rapidly changing technology and market conditions.
Most important, your Aspire team will help your organization make the most of this highly efficient framework. We will help you plan and manage digital transformation – based on the strategic objectives that you define in collaboration with other members of your senior executive team.